Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2021, 06:30 AM   #21

These Flame King regulators Amazon is selling look alot like the Winntec that is recalled and is also made in China. Wouldn’t be surprised if it is just rebranded with the Flame King name?
damaltor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 06:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaltor View Post
These Flame King regulators Amazon is selling look alot like the Winntec that is recalled and is also made in China. Wouldn’t be surprised if it is just rebranded with the Flame King name?
I am sure they are the same as Winntec, however it seems the later production Winntec (Flame King, etc) are not affected by the recall.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxy View Post
Did the dealer say how much BTU capacity is required for your application? The reason I ask is the Flame King ACR6 is rated for 190,000 BTU according to their website. This is the regulator I purchased from Amazon to replace my factory regulator.

https://flameking.com/product/kt12acr6-2/
they go by VIN.. he said my trailer requires over 210,000 BTU.. The Flame King is rated at 190,000. The one i just ordered is 230,000. I think the concern is how many appliances are in the coach drawing gas and totaled on some percentage formula.. The Flame King probably would cut it, but i didn't want take a chance. Besides, they wouldn't install it anyway as it would not meet the requirement for my coach.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxy View Post
I am sure they are the same as Winntec, however it seems the later production Winntec (Flame King, etc) are not affected by the recall.
Do you know what the BTU rating for the Winntec is?? I can't find it. I would make sure you at least match that rating on a replacement
Old 08-19-2021, 08:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Do you know what the BTU rating for the Winntec is?? I can't find it. I would make sure you at least match that rating on a replacement
I found this. Now the real question is what is the BTU requirements on my 21QB.
Attached Thumbnails
2C2A1D0D-8B79-4C2C-A8DF-CD91ABF27C57.jpg  
Old 08-19-2021, 09:51 PM   #26

That’s putting a lot more than the Flame King. You are probably close the the same BTU requirement as mine. . You could always call the factory and ask
Old 08-20-2021, 07:51 AM   #27

The reason Jayco does not reimburse for the repairs if not done by a dealer is because they frown on others doing the work that are not certified in rv repair. They do not want owners doing their own work, period.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:03 AM   #28

I contacted the only Jayco dealer in my area, according to the Jayco website, they told me to take it back to the dealer I purchased it from. Too much BS run around in the RV industry. I will simply do as I have always done, assume that after they have your money you are on your own. I do my own repairs or if uncomfortable doing it, get our local independent RV repair place do it. They are more competent than any dealer I have dealt with.
Old 08-20-2021, 05:22 PM   #29

Today I installed the Flame King I got from Amazon. Easy replacement. I turned on all 3 burners, the oven, water heater, frig and furnace. Everything worked fine and the stove burners flame were the perfect color. Before they had yellow flame tips. I guess the old regulator was not operating properly. Anyway it all tested fine, no leaks and I feel better now.

Flame King (KT12ACR6a) 2-Stage Auto Changeover LP Propane Gas Regulator With Two 12 Inch Pigtails For RVs, Vans, Trailers
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XYH5H6Q...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #30

Marshall or MEC

You won’t regret the MEC! American made! Good luck finding one. I found mine. Also replaced pig tails with the better made MEC’s.
Winntec is junk when put side by side with an MEC.
Bike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #31

https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-KT...8XYH5H6Q&psc=1
Replaced last year works good for me so far.
Rubber Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 02:03 PM   #32

New Regulator

I was told the regulator in my Jayco Jay Feather that needed to be replaced was in the stove. But I see a few photos showing the regulator on the propane tanks. Which is the problem? We have been without our trailer for eight weeks. Not good!
Postmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:26 PM   #33

I'd go ahead and get one to use while waiting for the replacement.

One of the first 'spare parts' I get is a spare regulator. Cold weather, no warning, and you have no heat, hot water, cooking, etc when the regulator freezes.

Use the one you buy as a 'spare part'.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:58 PM   #34

I purchased MB Sturgis from here: https://caloreequipment.com/products/auto-changeover-regulator/ with stainless braided pigtails. Delivery in three days & works great.
njburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:21 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmike View Post
I was told the regulator in my Jayco Jay Feather that needed to be replaced was in the stove. But I see a few photos showing the regulator on the propane tanks. Which is the problem? We have been without our trailer for eight weeks. Not good!
Question whoever told you this. The regulator is on the supply tanks!

I would get it replaced or replace it as others have stated and then let them call you when it is in and they are ready to install it. Go camping and keep the extra for a spare. Even good ones will fail at the wrong time.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmike View Post
If nothing that works on propane worked, then your regulator on your propane tanks.

If the only thing that didn't work was your oven or stove burners, then your there is a regulator there too.

If for your stove, I waited 2 months for the regulator/manifold/thermostat assembly last year before parts got so scarce. Part ran about $150.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #37

Example:

https://getrvparts.com/atwood-wedgew...gulator-51062/
Old 08-21-2021, 06:46 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
If nothing that works on propane worked, then your regulator on your propane tanks.

If the only thing that didn't work was your oven or stove burners, then your there is a regulator there too.

If for your stove, I waited 2 months for the regulator/manifold/thermostat assembly last year before parts got so scarce. Part ran about $150.
I stand corrected then. I never knew that the stove was regulated twice. I learn something every day, now I have to go look at mine to find out where it is.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I stand corrected then. I never knew that the stove was regulated twice. I learn something every day, now I have to go look at mine to find out where it is.
It will look something like this... between supply line and manifold. Yours may or may not have one.

https://getrvparts.com/atwood-wedgew...ove-regulator/
Old 08-21-2021, 06:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms View Post
Our dealer said it will be months before they can replace our recalled propane regulator. We have a 22RL Jayfeather. I've seen lots of threads with replacement links but many are out of stock. Also seen a lot of threads where the replacement ones Kayco will have dealer put in are cheap and leak. We would like to do it ourselves but would like to put in one that isn't going to leak (better quality) Which regulators are you putting in (brand and model ) would like to do a search to see if we can find one! Not using our propane has been beyond a hassle!
What brand and model is your stove?