Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #1

Angry 2018 Jayco 34RSBS Warranty Issues

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the group and wanted to share my awful experience with Jayco & the Jayco Dealer on the purchase of a brand new 2018 Jayco Jayflight 34RSBS

September of 2018, Labor Day weekend while on a camping trip I made one of the biggest purchases for a hobby. I traded my brand new 2017 Jayco 267BHSW for a 2018 Jayco 34 RSBS. Pete's RV in Plainfield Massachusetts (Formerly known as McDonalds RV) had a major sales, and after a few hours had papers signed for yet another Jayco. After walking through the unit that days between my other half and I we had over a dozen issues needing repair before picking up the unit. After 3 weeks or purchase within 24hours of picking up the unit and bringing it home after “repairs and preparation inspection were done by the dealer (Which cost $1300.00)” a 3 page list of issues was noted. Being a veteran of owning RV’s with the prior knowledge i not only noted all the issues with the dealer but also with the Jayco Manufacture to make approvals for repair easier and simpler. The RV was dropped off to Pete's RV for warranty service before the first bill was even sent. Manager Greg of Petes promised to have the coach repaired before “snow hit the ground”, what happened from there was one of the biggest nightmares any paying customer would go through for the next 10 months. Issues with the coach involved things from slide outs now being aligned properly, to awning fabrics not installed correctly, a hole in the floor that can access the tires when slider is closed, to a bedroom door that couldn't open all the way because a cabinet on the wall was installed too close to the door. Quality was obviously missed when this coach was built and “inspected” between the manufacturer & dealer. After having zero communication from the manager of service at the dealer i had to drive 52 miles one way every two weeks to check on the progress of my unit. February of 2019 was here and the unit was still not completed. Interior walls were taken out and still not replaced and a tree had fallen on the back side of the unit gouging and scratching numerous rear panels of the unit. After getting no help from calling the manufacture and no help from the manager of service (Who called to tell me how he wasn't happy i went to Jayco about my service issues and that my brand new unit would be fixed the way he wants to fix it and that was it) I set out myself to find more help. Providence Convention Center was having the annual camper show for 2019 and I set out to find a rep from Jayco to find some help on my issues. While there I met one of the owners of Pete's RV, not only was he not apologetic for the poor service I had received he was unable to get any answers for why a customer was going through such a horrible experience at his dealer. In fact he went out to say that he is very close with the service manager and has never heard my name before nor did he know my unit had been in his facility since October. Not feeling any better about the answers i had been given I got to meet a Sales Rep for Jayco. This gentlemen was appalled by what I had gone through and not only shared his deepest sympathy for what I had been through but was willing to help keep a customer happy by offering his help on getting me a new replacement RV to help with the efforts of keeping a happy customer. Unfortunately the RV dealer that sold me the unit that I only had possession of for 1 month decided to say my brand new RV was worth $10,000.00 less then what i owed. Jayco could not flip the bill for that much money. After discussion with the Jayco rep, he assured me that he would communicate with the Manager of Warranty services for Jayco in Indiana to get my RV repaired and back to me before the 2019 camping season was here. After 3 calls with Jayco, Petes RV assured me that the repairs would be completed on the last week of March. After a long winter anxious to get my brand new RV i drove yet again to Pete's RV to get my camper. Upon arrival and going through the 3 page list of issues not 1 single thing was completed correctly and 2 ½ hours of watching Petes techs work on my camper all repairs were “best they could do” and off they sent me with my warranty repaired coach. Within the first trip more issues were found from Petes “best they could do repairs”, the bedroom dresser was reinstalled to the bedroom walls but the sliding cabinets were installed improperly and could not be opened or closed. The hole in the floor was “repaired” with a piece of foam duct taped to the underside of the unit. The aluminum panel walls were repaired with a sticker panel to cover the gouged aluminum which wore right through the decal right after the first trip. Within 3 trips the slide outs wore holes through the floors from dragging and continuing to be misaligned and improperly operating in and out. A list of 15 things were wrong with this coach. The nightmare had now gotten worse, i had reached out to the owner Todd of Pete's RV yet again to discuss the issues I was having. Instead of being sorry for the shotty repairs by his dealership he wrote back an email stating that he FWD the email to the Plainfield Pete's RV service manager Greg and he will set up an appointment to repair this coach. The same manager and service guys who did the best they could they wanted to fix my coach yet again. After calling Jayco they would not help in replacing this lemon of a camper, all they could offer was to have someone drive my camper over 1000 miles to Indiana in February of 2020 to hopefully fix the extensive repairs of my unit. Unfortunately Jayco claims to care about their customers yet never cares to call back a customer who has been through hell and back on the expensive purchase of a new camper that has been hacked by a shotty dealership. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this dealership & manufacture. They do not take responsibility for their products or their services. Don't be a victim like me read customer reviews and stay away from PETE’S RV.
MikeRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRI View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the group and wanted to share my awful experience with Jayco & the Jayco Dealer on the purchase of a brand new 2018 Jayco Jayflight 34RSBS

They do not take responsibility for their products or their services. Don't be a victim like me read customer reviews and stay away from PETE’S RV.
Every dealer is independent so JAYCO cannot force them to do anything any faster or return you calls. JAYCO could call you daily, but that would not change or fix any of the issues you are having with that dealer or your trailer.

Obviously you didn't research the dealer, by your own admission, before your purchase. That is your problem not JAYCO. JAYCO has offered to return the unit to the factory on their dime to make things right so they are taking responsibility.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Every dealer is independent so JAYCO cannot force them to do anything any faster or return you calls. JAYCO could call you daily, but that would not change or fix any of the issues you are having with that dealer or your trailer.

Obviously you didn't research the dealer, by your own admission, before your purchase. That is your problem not JAYCO. JAYCO has offered to return the unit to the factory on their dime to make things right so they are taking responsibility.

After 13 phone calls to Jayco since October of 2018 (and not 1 single call back from Jayco), now Jayco is offering to return the camper to the factory. Obviously i didn't research the company enough since they cant put quality into their campers (Hard to research a new RV dealer that opened 2 months before i purchased the coach). You are also wrong on the Jayco not being able to force anything on the dealer. Dealer has their logo and their name on their business they are the face of their company. I work for one of the largest major manufacturing businesses in the world, yes they have sway over ANYTHING that a dealership can do. Not until after the dealer has completely damaged and made this unit unusable has the dealer tried to make anything even close to right only because a lawyer has been involved.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Obviously you didn't research the dealer, by your own admission, before your purchase. That is your problem not JAYCO. .

Grumpy

Hummmm..... its not a bit of Jayco's fault for choosing a dealer not dedicated to the brand and Customer service ?

The Jayco's brand is badly hurt by that kind of dealership, do they care at Jayco ?

The whole industry is sick, Jayco included .

One can research dealers for years you never really know until you live with it. My dealer was awesome with my first trailer, and now sucks big time with my second, new service advisors and Gods know what at the other end at Jayco changed the whole relationship.

No one seems to be responsible.. well one... the customer is responsible for everything and suffer for all his mistake while everyone else is piling the money and get away with excuses for the own mistake and negligence .

I have a dream that one day that the money I pay a business that dont care could see the ink fading on 50% of the dollars bills just to see their faces when I would say... well its RV money you know that was to be expected

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #5

Appears that Jayco is stepping up, doing what they can. This is once again a dealer issue...I know we all want to place blame on someone else, but, no one made you purchase either that unit or from that dealer. Find a lawyer, sue them....they damaged your unit while in their care, you may win that.

Sorry for what you are going through, and hopefully posting this rant will make you feel better, but it changes nothing. There is no law saying you have to take your RV to the selling dealer for warranty work, Jayco often authorizes independent service centers to do warranty work. You have a bad dealer and once you knew that, you still continued to count on them to "make it right". May of been better to cut that cord and take it somewhere else that you have faith in.

Good Luck

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Appears that Jayco is stepping up, doing what they can. This is once again a dealer issue...I know we all want to place blame on someone else, but, no one made you purchase either that unit or from that dealer. Find a lawyer, sue them....they damaged your unit while in their care, you may win that.

Sorry for what you are going through, and hopefully posting this rant will make you feel better, but it changes nothing. There is no law saying you have to take your RV to the selling dealer for warranty work, Jayco often authorizes independent service centers to do warranty work. You have a bad dealer and once you knew that, you still continued to count on them to "make it right". May of been better to cut that cord and take it somewhere else that you have faith in.

Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Grumpy

Hummmm..... its not a bit of Jayco's fault for choosing a dealer not dedicated to the brand and Customer service ?

The Jayco's brand is badly hurt by that kind of dealership, do they care at Jayco ?

The whole industry is sick, Jayco included .

One can research dealers for years you never really know until you live with it. My dealer was awesome with my first trailer, and now sucks big time with my second, new service advisors and Gods know what at the other end at Jayco changed the whole relationship.

No one seems to be responsible.. well one... the customer is responsible for everything and suffer for all his mistake while everyone else is piling the money and get away with excuses for the own mistake and negligence .

I have a dream that one day that the money I pay a business that dont care could see the ink fading on 50% of the dollars bills just to see their faces when I would say... well its RV money you know that was to be expected
Unfortunately if Jayco cared for quality they would have never made such a defective unit so they are to blame just as much as the hack dealership that continues to not fix and damage more things as they try to repair the hack job of a unit. At this point i have cut ties with this awful dealer i just hope this post is seen and helps others so they don't buy from this place and go somewhere else. Its a shame that a $30,000 + purchase for something that is supposed to be an enjoyable experience has turned into a year of wishing i never went camping. Its a shame that companies like Jayco care more about quantity then quality. This is my 3rd Jayco and what's crazy is i didn't have a single issue with the other 2 units, i wanted to upgrade to something bigger.....now i wish i had my last camper back.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #7

I have also had an issue with my selling dealer, World Wide RV in Mesa, Arizona. I bought my 1st and 2nd Jayco from them and the service with the first was good. The service with the second rig, a 321RSTS has been horrible. The "techs" at WW leave a lot to be desired! They have performed several repairs that have all failed. I have been lied to and totally ignored by both the service writer and the GM. We've owned 7 RV's and this is by far the worst experience we've ever had.

I did contact Jayco and explained the situation with the selling dealer. Jayco has made arrangements to have the RV repaired at another dealer and the trailer is there now for repairs. I hope I have good news to report after this repair. Jayco has offered to reimburse me for the fuel to deliver and pick up my RV as the dealer is about 60 miles away (I've sent the receipt for fuel but haven't heard back yet.)

By allowing me to go to another dealer for service and paying for my fuel, I think Jayco is standing behind their product. Sure, we've had some problems but I've always been taught not to judge by the problems, but judge by how the problems are solved! Hopefully, in due time, I'll be able to make that judgement!!
Bakersfish is offline   Reply With Quote