Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2018, 06:30 AM   #1

Awning Repair

This weekend my awning on my Jayflight 28rls dislodged from its upper track and when I found it, it was rolled up, arms extended, and swaying side to side. My wall mounted brackets had a few screws that were partially pulled out. Because it was windy I had to remove the awning from the brackets to not further damage any of the hardware or fiberglass of the trailer. Now I'm left with the arms extended away from the trailer and due to the gas pistons that assist with the system, not able to push/retract them into tracking on side of trailer. I just set up at a seasonal RV site and really don't want to have to break down everything I've done to take for service. Not to mention what do I do with the arms protruding 6 feet or so from the side of trailer short of removing the entire system. Any suggestions?
Flhtc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #2

Suggest you see if you can get a mobile RV tech to make a visit and help you get it fixed for travel, or he can fix it for you there. It may/will cost a bit more (maybe, maybe not depending on your dealer and the mobile tech) but it will get fixed a lot quicker, and possibly better than by the dealer.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #3

Suggest you look for a mobile RV tech and they can probably fix it better/quicker than a dealer. Probably cost a bit more due to the service call fee, but it will be fixed quicker, and possibly even better than new.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #4

Thanks Ill give a shot
Flhtc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote