Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2017, 05:09 AM   #1
Site Team

Coleman 15K Mach III leaking

I have been chasing a drip from our bedroom AC for a couple days. I have tried everything I know and watched boocoo you tube videos. The problem is not the roof gasket. It's tight and water is not coning from it.

I have also checked all the drain holes and they are all open and clean. The freeze probe is properly placed. When the unit is turned on it runs for a few on/ off cycles then starts dripping water from the plastic overflow pan that the evaporator coil sits in. For some reason the water does not flow as it should to the 2 drain holes on either side of the area. I have done all I can do until I get home and can disassemble the top of the unit to allow access to the coil.

I'm thinking there must be some trash or scum in there blocking the flow of condensate but I can't see it from below even with mirrors and flashlights. I probed all around the area with a tie wrap hoping to dislodge the condensate.
It's not freezing up at all and works normally until the drips from the filter area start.

I have another working unit in the back and it's getting cold enough that we don't need them both anyhow for now.

Any one have an idea?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #2

As to the condensate drain - try getting a can of air w/ the plastic straw extender. Put the extender into the drain, then put duct seal all around the straw to create a nice tight seal. Then let the air loose and see if it kicks something out that your tie wrap could not.

Just an idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bende...ords=duct+seal

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #3
Site Team

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home before tearing into the top. I have added the external insulation so all that will have to be pulled off before I start to remove all the housing screws and there are plenty.

I have a can of electronic cleaner air or maybe a small compressor with a clear hose. I have used that to clear water fountain clogs before. Thanks for the idea!
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #4

When we were camping couple weekends ago, our daughter & sil trailer AC started dripping. Sil dropped on of his leveling jacks a little and drip stopped??
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #5

Might solve one problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
When we were camping couple weekends ago, our daughter & sil trailer AC started dripping. Sil dropped on of his leveling jacks a little and drip stopped??
Norty, I don't think this sounds like your issue so sorry to hijack.

But Jasum, I ran a post on here this summer when my Coleman Mach 15 started to leak above the gasket and changing the level of the RV did temporarily resolve it. After help from several members it turned out the problem is a leak from behind the cooling box. Water collects in a spot under the shroud and if your unit is off level towards the front then water is able to leak in through the box. Some Dicor sealant against the seam at the back of the box should permanently solve your issue.

Here is the link to that thread and photos:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ket-50085.html

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
Site Team

A ray of hope! Today I used the reverse flow on my vacuum cleaner to blow out the pan under the evaporator coil. All manner of debris came out. I also raised the rig up in front about 2 inches.

Ran for a couple hours with no leaks.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
A ray of hope! Today I used the reverse flow on my vacuum cleaner to blow out the pan under the evaporator coil. All manner of debris came out. I also raised the rig up in front about 2 inches.

Ran for a couple hours with no leaks.
Great to hear. Hopefully it is all good!

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #8

Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:10 PM   #9
Site Team

Well it did start leaking again so we left it off until our return home. I finally got to look at it today and found that I was looking at the wrong drain holes. When I took the top off, they were both full of gunk. I blew them both clean and all is well. If I ever go in there again, I will get a long drill bit, about 12 inches. and enlarge the drain holes to about 1/4 inch.

All good now.
Gator roll-up bed cover