Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2021, 10:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Well, it looks like you are correct. This morning the unit will not fire, only the fan works, and then it will not cut off. I had to pull the fuse to cut it off. What was the board you suggested I buy if Dometic won't replace it? there is only one mobile outfit around here, and waiting to try to get a hold of them. They will pay for the repair, but not the house call .
Dinosaur boards. Check Amazon and call Dinosaur to make sure you get the right one. They are very helpful. Isn’t your unit under warranty? Maybe call your dealer and get them to get the factory to send you one and relocation kit. Gotta get that board up off being flat.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Yes, most of the testing I was doing had the exhaust pipe off, sure it didn't help. I will call them and see if they will send me one since our dealer is so far away. I like your Saran wrap solution. I presume it is to allow the silicone to cure for a couple of days?
Yes, it lets the silicone cure and only stick to the frame. I use this method a lot on boat hatches that get water on them.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Dinosaur boards. Check Amazon and call Dinosaur to make sure you get the right one. They are very helpful. Isn’t your unit under warranty? Maybe call your dealer and get them to get the factory to send you one and relocation kit. Gotta get that board up off being flat.
Quote:
Yes, it lets the silicone cure and only stick to the frame. I use this method a lot on boat hatches that get water on them.
Yes, talked to dealer again, waiting to hear from him, although it sounds like I want the dinosaur board?
Great idea with the silicone, picked up a clear tube at Lowes this morning
Old 12-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #24

A spare board is not a bad thing to have.
Old 12-13-2021, 02:33 PM   #25

Yes, but shoot me now. I called and spoke to a very helpful tech who did not think it was the board. he said boards either work or not unless there is a cold solder somewhere. Before I sell you a board, he said to try again and look for the blinking lights of which I had none this morning. Went back out there and started it, and the damn thing ran fine!! I left it on and cycled it 2-3 times using the thermostat, all perfect!! I may comit Hara Kiri shortly. Waiting on him to call me back. He was very helpful and would help me troubleshoot. The Dometi8c tech was not as helpful.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:21 PM   #26

Bad board

2021 36FBTS. Bad Board ( Dometic Furnace )
Attached Thumbnails
0A1905D4-7564-437B-BE73-8EF97D1FB25A.jpg   FC0D10FE-A6AD-48F0-9B2D-311C5F5955D1.jpg   73ABBCF8-BD85-44A3-9879-88132067AECD.jpg  
Old 12-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #27

I think the black tank connection is the cause ??
Old 12-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Moore View Post
I think the black tank connection is the cause ??
More than likely. Need to seal that access panel and get a board relocation kit. Your dealer should replace the board and give you a kit. The kit mounts the board at an angle up off the flat.
Classic water/moisture damage. I will say the Dinosaur boards seem to be less susceptible to moisture.
Attached Thumbnails
5A2CB919-AADE-4BF6-9037-38F2CBDDBC6E.jpg  
Old 12-14-2021, 04:08 AM   #29

Quote:
More than likely. Need to seal that access panel and get a board relocation kit. Your dealer should replace the board and give you a kit. The kit mounts the board at an angle up off the flat.
Classic water/moisture damage. I will say the Dinosaur boards seem to be less susceptible to moisture.
I mentioned your pictures to Bobby since he had the water intrusion problem. I will be doing your silicone "trick" very shortly. I went back out there late yesterday, Amazon delivered batteries for the TPMS sensors, one was dead. While doing that, I ran it again and cycled it on/off 5-6 times using the phone APP, worked like a champ, very confusing, lol.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #30

In case you haven't found them yet...

Here's their website:

Dinosaur Electronics Home. High quality circuit boards for RV appliances.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:03 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
In case you haven't found them yet...

Here's their website:

Dinosaur Electronics Home. High quality circuit boards for RV appliances.
Thanks, I did have it and called and spoke to a very nice tech who wouldn't sell me one until I did more troubleshooting, lol. The furnace has worked as it is supposed to for the last 2 days through multiple starts and shutdowns, with the wall panel and APP on cell. I had taken the board out to take pictures of it and may have had a loose connector? Dealer suggested I do this as well. There is no sighn of water on the board or wood panel underneath it.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #32

Quote:
Thanks, I did have it and called and spoke to a very nice tech who wouldn't sell me one until I did more troubleshooting, lol. The furnace has worked as it is supposed to for the last 2 days through multiple starts and shutdowns, with the wall panel and APP on cell. I had taken the board out to take pictures of it and may have had a loose connector? Dealer suggested I do this as well. There is no sighn of water on the board or wood panel underneath it.
Sounds good. But let me give you some food for thought. We full-timed for a little under two years. We had the Dometic Refrigerator circuit board go bad under warranty. And the water heater circuit board too. I'm not sure, but I think it was an Atwood.

Regardless. The first time, the fridge was dead for 10 days. The water heater a little less.

Food for thought, if your furnace board went out, would it ruin and shorten your trip? In that circumstance, would you pay $130 to fix the furnace and stay on your trip?

Just a thought about caring a spare board as someone mentioned above.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:52 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
Sounds good. But let me give you some food for thought. We full-timed for a little under two years. We had the Dometic Refrigerator circuit board go bad under warranty. And the water heater circuit board too. I'm not sure, but I think it was an Atwood.

Regardless. The first time, the fridge was dead for 10 days. The water heater a little less.

Food for thought, if your furnace board went out, would it ruin and shorten your trip? In that circumstance, would you pay $130 to fix the furnace and stay on your trip?

Just a thought about caring a spare board as someone mentioned above.
I agree, actually found out we can get a replacement board through my wife's business, lol. The bad news is they are closed for the holidays so may need to wait for a bit to get one. I will also get an extra sail switch
Old 12-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #34

Sounds like you've got it under control. Have a fun trip.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #35

Sidbar on propane tanks.

You switched over. When you opened the valve on the new tank, did you, by any chance, open the tank valve rather quickly? If so, the tank may have passed propane at a much lower rate than normal.

You must be slow and deliberate when opening the valve on many tanks, or a safety interlock will substantially reduce flow. You'd have enough for one stove burner...your purge and test...but the furnace needs a LOT of propane, and it may have balked at low pressure in the line.

Just a thought.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 04:01 PM   #36

This just happened to me the other day. If the propane runs completely empty you get air in the lines. I had to reset mine several times before the air was completely out. There should be a on and off switch on the unit itself or you can just shut it off at the thermostat. Should work.
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoore13 View Post
Sidbar on propane tanks.

You switched over. When you opened the valve on the new tank, did you, by any chance, open the tank valve rather quickly? If so, the tank may have passed propane at a much lower rate than normal.

You must be slow and deliberate when opening the valve on many tanks, or a safety interlock will substantially reduce flow. You'd have enough for one stove burner...your purge and test...but the furnace needs a LOT of propane, and it may have balked at low pressure in the line.

Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrammell View Post
This just happened to me the other day. If the propane runs completely empty you get air in the lines. I had to reset mine several times before the air was completely out. There should be a on and off switch on the unit itself or you can just shut it off at the thermostat. Should work.
Thank you both, had not thought of that. Can't really recall how fast I opened the valve. My regulator has a gauge and a lever you switch from one to the other, which I did. Interesting, as the stove worked fine. I would have exercised the tankless water heater except I have no water hooked up, half ass winterized, until we go on this little trip at the end of the month. So, jcrammell, what do you mean by reset? I had all kinds of weird things happen, from ignition lockout to fan runs but no ignition, or the fan wouldn't cut off. I did take the board out to look at it, and it looked fine and absolutely dry beneath it. Today I added the wonderful "fix" from Parrott and lathered silicone liberally around the casing. I have started and run the furnace 2-3 times the last 3 days, and it runs like a champ. Also, I posted here earlier, the manual said to wait an hour after a "soft" lockout. I probably didn't do that either, very impatient, lol. I will add, we were in Myrtle beach early October and getting ready to come home after a week. I was dumping and flushing the tanks, when I noticed a "noise", as in a fan. It was the furnace fan. I went in the camper to ask my bride why she was running the heat when it was 85f outside. She was nowhere to be found, had taken the puppies for a walk. Called dealer, tried a few things, and finally he had me pull the fuse which fixed the problem!! That was very strange. I had only tested the furnace when picking the unit up in August and had worked fine then. I am tending to agree with both of you regarding switching tanks. I will be very very slow doing this next time. Now, to give you all a laugh, I took off the empty 40 Gallon tank and put in the truck to bring to town and fill up. We live around 15 miles from town and another 5 or so to our propane gas dealer who does our 500 Gallon tank at the farm. It was empty, but still heavy. I loaded the tank and 2 puppies to go on a road trip, look to the driveway, and here comes the gas man to refill our tank as he does monthly!! I asked if he could do this, and yes, he could as long as I didn't mention this to the office, or he would get in trouble!! I found an empty 20Gallon tank as well for him to fill. Got some good exercise. Thank you all for your great suggestions, I am pretty new and learning
Rene
Old 12-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #38

Is your propane regulator part of the recall? I've had similar issues and all was resolved with a regulator change.
CA172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:28 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA172 View Post
Is your propane regulator part of the recall? I've had similar issues and all was resolved with a regulator change.
Not according to my dealer. I brought it up before purchasing, and he said it was not