Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

Greyhawk slide questions

I know this is probably not the right place to ask this but I cannot seem to find a better place to start. I would like to learn more about manual slide out operations, in particular how to retract the slide in the event of a power or mechanical failure. It's a 2012 Greyhawk 31SS. I assume there is YouTube stuff out there about how to do this but I can't even learn what brand of slide I have. Let alone how to operate it in the even of an emergency.
I would really like to make this a new thread, and my profile says I am able to do that but for the life of me, I cannot see how to start a new thread on here. Any suggestions? My owner's manual is mostly useless about slide out operations.

Site Team edit: Moved this post to a new thread.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky46 View Post
I know this is probably not the right place to ask this but I cannot seem to find a better place to start. I would like to learn more about manual slide out operations, in particular how to retract the slide in the event of a power or mechanical failure. It's a 2012 Greyhawk 31SS.
Your slide is probably Power Gear and not Schwintek. The living room slide motor is probably on the ceiling of the basement storage compartment below the slide. There is probably a rubber boot on one end where the brake handle is, so once you turn that you can use a socket wrench on the end of the cross shaft to move the slide.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Your slide is probably Power Gear and not Schwintek. The living room slide motor is probably on the ceiling of the basement storage compartment below the slide. There is probably a rubber boot on one end where the brake handle is, so once you turn that you can use a socket wrench on the end of the cross shaft to move the slide.
Not if it is Schintek there is no manual way to bring it in if the controller overide doesn't work except for pulling motors out and pushing. Then once its is in replace motors so it will not slide out. The motors are also the breaks
mikehoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehoots View Post
Not if it is Schintek there is no manual way to bring it in if the controller overide doesn't work except for pulling motors out and pushing. Then once its is in replace motors so it will not slide out. The motors are also the breaks
It is NOT a SCHWINTEK they didn't use them in 2012, there are no tracks on the side of the slideout...