Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #1

Leaking 2012 Swilft SLX 145RB

I went to the storage lot and checked on my trailer today and found the cushions saturated as well as the wood underneath them and the wall. I had just checked it two weeks ago before I left on vacation and it was dry. The damage is in the front, (driver's side) area of the trailer. I towed it to the dealer and they said they will find where it is leaking. Thank goodness for the warranty. The dealer said they would get it moved inside and set up some fans to try to dry it out.

My fear is the water is coming in from the side-mount a/c opening. There is nothing sealing the opening from the outside elements. Living here in Oregon, the unit really needs to be water tight and I don't want to go through this every winter. Covered storage is hard to find and expensive here. It could be leaking from the window or even the antenna on top for that matter. The seam where the front cap meets the side wall on that corner looks okay but I know water can enter in one little area and then follow the studs to other areas. I just hope they find it and can repair it.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I did a search but didn't find anything similar.

I will send an update when I find out more info from the dealer.

Laura
GoCougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #2

Sorry to hear of your problem. Keep us posted on the cause and cure.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #3

I received a call from the service manager today. The a/c opening was where the water came in. He said they put in a rubber gasket around the a/c unit and replaced all the damaged wood in the dinette. I hope the gasket doesn't interfere with the drainage when the a/c unit is running. I asked them about the damage on the wall and he said he would check on it and get back to me. They ordered new cushions so it will be awhile before those come in. I haven't seen the repair but will stop by on Saturday and take a peek and make sure I'm happy with what they've done.

I'm a little disappointed with the a/c design, and I almost crossed Jayco off my list because of it, but the 2 year warranty and the reputation of Jayco won out. I'm very happy with the dealer that is taking care of this problem as well. They got to it much faster than I thought they would even though I told them I didn't need the trailer right away and understood if they had more urgent repairs to attend to before they got to mine.

I'll update again after I see it in person.

Laura
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #4

Just thought I'd update again on the leak.

I stopped by the dealer on Friday and found out the new cushions had arrived. They asked me to go out and check the trailer to see if there is anything else I want them to check before I take it home. I looked at the repairs on the front left of the trailer inside and the new gasket around the a/c unit. It all looked good. The dealer did a great job.

I pulled all the cushions out of the way and found a new leak under the cushion on the front right. Needless to say I'm very disappointed with the quality of this trailer. The dealer is going to re-seal the entire front cap. They had already eliminated any leaks in the roof, so it must be a seam. I know the water can travel far from the source of the leak but the trailer is sitting in the same place at the same angle it was after they made the repairs and moved it out of the shop to await the cushions. It has rained plenty here in Oregon since then so not sure what's going on.

I hope the re-seal takes care of the problems. I'm thankful for the 2 year warranty so I can go through another winter to see if it leaks again. If it leaks again, I'll call Jayco and discuss options. I can't fault the dealer for any of this. They've been great.

This really sucks because I have hitch-itch really bad...I wanna go camping!

Laura