Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #1

Unhappy Lost 120 power in 2009 31BHDS

Woke up this morning after late night of movies, to find no 120 on entire slide side of trailer. Have found only one GFI in the bathroom, not aware of any others. No power also to Tv, bedroom both sides. Have full power in kitchen to plugs , microwave, and fridge. Breakers all seem to be good, nothing has tripped. Confused, puzzled, and baffled. A/C also works. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Radio centre also still works, but that’s probably on 12 volt anyways. All lights working also.
tomholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #2

Breakers can trip and still look as they aren't. Have you turned all them off and on?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #3

Numerous times unfortunately. That’s why I’m baffled. Is it possible that the panel could be failing? Ever heard of that? Thx for the quick reply.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomholub View Post
Numerous times unfortunately. That’s why I’m baffled. Is it possible that the panel could be failing? Ever heard of that? Thx for the quick reply.
A failed breaker is possible, but not the panel since it is a single buss on 30 amp.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #5

My fifth wheel trailer has a GFI breaker in the bath room area and the kitchen sink area. The one for the kitchen sink also controls the outside 120VAC receptacle...

Since a lot of your 120V appliances and items are working it sure sounds like a GFI Breaker is tripped somewhere...

The GFU breakers of course are pretty easy to spot as they have a RED button in the center of it...

The 120VAC Breakers in your 120VAC Power distribution panel sometimes don't look like they have been tripped. as referenced by another post here. You may want to look again at those and perhaps just turn them off one at a time and then back on...

My 120VAC Power Distribution panel has one large size 30AMP Master Breaker and then eight half physical size breakers in the remaining four breaker slots.

Another issue that only the slide-outs have is that they will have a flexible cable supplying the 120VAC to the slide area. It could be possible this flex cable has been damaged...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:06 PM   #6

Problem solved. Loose wire in a partially melted Marette feeding the 15 amp breakers inside the panel. Knew it had to be something simple. Thanks for the reply’s that I did get.
Thankfully, not an expensive fix.