Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #1

No Power to my Radio, Cameras/Infotainment system??

Hello all. I need help/suggestions. I have a 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. My rig has been sitting for a while ,but I regularly wash it and do basic maintenance. When I do I usually will listen to music. I last washer my rig about a month ago and was listening to music as I did. I say this because when I went out to get her ready for a short trip my wife and I are taking on Monday I noticed when I started her up that the Jansen welcome message did not pop up on screen. When I investigates more closely I noticed everything was out on my display screen. No radio, cameras, or anything else. Does anyone have any suggestions? I checked the fuses under the hood but could not see any problems. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas what could have caused this?
NjNewbie30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:51 AM   #2

Where your coach battery is located there should be a disconnect relay that has two fuses, I would check both of those fuses as that is where my radio gets its power from. ~CA
Old 08-27-2022, 08:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Where your coach battery is located there should be a disconnect relay that has two fuses, I would check both of those fuses as that is where my radio gets its power from. ~CA
Could you send me a pic. or be a bit more descriptive. I truly appreciate your response. Thank you sooo much. I would like to try and rectify this before Monday
Old 08-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjNewbie30 View Post
Could you send me a pic. or be a bit more descriptive. I truly appreciate your response. Thank you sooo much. I would like to try and rectify this before Monday
I may can find a picture, but I am not at the RV today to take a picture. Is your battery for the coach located in a slide out tray or under the door steps?

Here is a thought, if you momentarily press (and press only for a second) the battery disconnect switch which is located at the door on mine, you should hear a click of the relay, press it again briefly and you should hear the click again, the first time should have turned off the 12v power and the second time should have turned back on the 12v power. In any case, that clicking sound is the relay that I mentioned that has the two fuses you should check. Hearing that sound should help you locate the relay. On mine it is at the back of the battery slide out tray, but for those with the battery in the steps it is located near there.

Also, there is a fuse panel inside the cab near where the parking brake is located that has fuses that you should check.

One other quick point, do not hold the battery disconnect switch, only a momentary quick push otherwise the relay will lose its ability to turn back on and if that happens you have to disconnect\reconnect the coach battery for a minute or so in order to re-enable the relay. ~CA
Old 08-27-2022, 11:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I may can find a picture, but I am not at the RV today to take a picture. Is your battery for the coach located in a slide out tray or under the door steps?

Here is a thought, if you momentarily press (and press only for a second) the battery disconnect switch which is located at the door on mine, you should hear a click of the relay, press it again briefly and you should hear the click again, the first time should have turned off the 12v power and the second time should have turned back on the 12v power. In any case, that clicking sound is the relay that I mentioned that has the two fuses you should check. Hearing that sound should help you locate the relay. On mine it is at the back of the battery slide out tray, but for those with the battery in the steps it is located near there.

Also, there is a fuse panel inside the cab near where the parking brake is located that has fuses that you should check.

One other quick point, do not hold the battery disconnect switch, only a momentary quick push otherwise the relay will lose its ability to turn back on and if that happens you have to disconnect\reconnect the coach battery for a minute or so in order to re-enable the relay. ~CA
Thanks again for you input. My coach battery is located in a slide out tray opposite my steps. When you say the battery disconnect switch do you mean the main power switch for the inside of the rig located near floor when you open entry door?
Old 08-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjNewbie30 View Post
Thanks again for you input. My coach battery is located in a slide out tray opposite my steps. When you say the battery disconnect switch do you mean the main power switch for the inside of the rig located near floor when you open entry door?

Yes, that is the switch that controls the relay. It is the main "12v" power and near the floor as you stated. If you slide out the tray for the battery, the relay should have a battery cable running between the relay and the battery. If you follow the battery cable and see it, then on either side you should see two fuses to check. There is no need to turn off the main 12v power really, just that by doing so you should hear the click and locate the relay that way, but you should see it as well when following the + battery cable off of the coach battery. ~CA
Old 08-28-2022, 10:52 AM   #7

The display on my Irv entertainment system quit working the last time we were out. I removed the head unit from the cabinet and unplugged all wire connections. I plugged everything in again and it was fine. I guess it just needed a hard reset.
nfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 08:31 PM   #8

Okay I had my mechanic make a house call as a favor 2 me today. He spent the better part of 45min testing all fuses. Eventually he took the dash off to get to the back of the stereo unit to check a fuse in the back of the unit. All fuses were good but there was a loss of power from somewhere. He concluded that we should run a power connection directly to the battery rather than to try and figure out the birds nest of wires in the back. When he jumped the power supply it functioned properly. He did not want to risk pulling things apart and risking having troubles with the back up camera or sideview cams. as well as other multiple components. Thanks again for your suggestions...