Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Kevin J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kingston
Posts: 21
Replacement Awning fabric?

The awning on our trailer is dried out and torn at the corners . The supports and awning roller are in good shape so we just need new awning fabric . I have seen several dealers adds and adds on e-bay for new fabric for about $300.00 - $350.00 . I am just wondering if anyone here has purchased one of the replacement fabric awnings and what you thought of quality and fit ? We use the trailer for weekends and a couple of weeks holidays each summer . The rest of the time it sits at home so it is never out for more than ten days at a time .
__________________

__________________
2006 Jay Feather 26S
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 (soon to be sold)
2010 F150 Supercrew 5.4L 3:73 HD Towing
1970 AMX 390/Auto
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
VicS1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 517
As nobody has answered...

I have no experience.

Based upon the duty cycle which you describe I would purchase a made to fit replacement awning based upon product reviews, color and price. It is certain to meet your needs.

FWIW. vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J View Post
The awning on our trailer is dried out and torn at the corners . The supports and awning roller are in good shape so we just need new awning fabric . I have seen several dealers adds and adds on e-bay for new fabric for about $300.00 - $350.00 . I am just wondering if anyone here has purchased one of the replacement fabric awnings and what you thought of quality and fit ? We use the trailer for weekends and a couple of weeks holidays each summer . The rest of the time it sits at home so it is never out for more than ten days at a time .
__________________

VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Scoutr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bartonville
Posts: 509
Camping World sells replacement fabric, made to fit your particular awning. But it's not cheap. But might be less expensive than a dealer. Also, there may be a local awning shop that can make it for you. (We have Peoria Tent and Awning here.)

Also consider that a whole new awning might be cheaper than replacement fabric. But don't know for sure.

You might also Google "RV awning replacement material" and see what pops up.

I found this through Google - there are many to look through:
Quality RV Awning Replacement - Fabric - Hardware - Accessories - RVAwningsMart.com

Hope this helps!
__________________

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 5,041
Try here:
RV Awnings Online - RV Awnings, Awning Parts and Accessories - 1-800-780-8677
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lander, Wyoming
Posts: 588
Do you know the name of the manufacturer? If you can find that out, give them a call and see what they can do for you. That might produce the best results.
__________________
2012 GMC 2500HD D/A Crewcab
2012 Jayco Eagle SuperLite HT 26.5 RLS
2009 Crestliner Superhawk 1900
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Kevin J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kingston
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jal0710 View Post
Do you know the name of the manufacturer? If you can find that out, give them a call and see what they can do for you. That might produce the best results.
It is a Carefree awning and I checked them first but their price was fairly high as expected .
Thanks for all the replies ! I will check out those places and see what they show .
I am thinking for the price of the cheaper replacement fabric and our average use it is probably the most economical way to go . I can get the replacement from a dealer north of Toronto so if it goes wrong I have someone local to go back to as opposed to online from Indiana. The local price was $325.00 including tax and I can pick it up.
__________________
2006 Jay Feather 26S
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 (soon to be sold)
2010 F150 Supercrew 5.4L 3:73 HD Towing
1970 AMX 390/Auto
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Kevin J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kingston
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutr2 View Post
Camping World sells replacement fabric, made to fit your particular awning. But it's not cheap. But might be less expensive than a dealer. Also, there may be a local awning shop that can make it for you. (We have Peoria Tent and Awning here.)

Also consider that a whole new awning might be cheaper than replacement fabric. But don't know for sure.

You might also Google "RV awning replacement material" and see what pops up.

I found this through Google - there are many to look through:
Quality RV Awning Replacement - Fabric - Hardware - Accessories - RVAwningsMart.com

Hope this helps!
Thanks Scoutr2
Ordered the awning from them today ! Now to see how the shipping goes and in the spring I will see how well it goes on . I am trying to spread out the cost of the repair supplies over the winter so I don`t have to purchase everything in the spring. Next up will be the tires and other odds and ends . I will post about the quality of the awning when it comes in.
__________________
2006 Jay Feather 26S
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 (soon to be sold)
2010 F150 Supercrew 5.4L 3:73 HD Towing
1970 AMX 390/Auto
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,303
We had to have ours replaced last month. Shade Pro changed it for $377
__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 with tow package.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Kevin J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kingston
Posts: 21
$233.00 shipped and I change it my self but that is still better than what a local dealer would charge for the job . Of coarse I have never changed one before so I might change my mind after I do it
__________________
2006 Jay Feather 26S
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 (soon to be sold)
2010 F150 Supercrew 5.4L 3:73 HD Towing
1970 AMX 390/Auto
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
Just be aware that is a 2 or 3 person job...
__________________

__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.