Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #1

Schwintek slide motor

I was rummaging in my storage building and found a motor I replaced years ago. I decided to take it apart and see what the problem was. The motor itself runs just fine. It’s the hall sensor board on top that’s bad. Apparently moisture gets to the board and causes it to fail. I hooked 12 volts to the terminals with the red circles which go straight to the armature. Runs fine both ways. It would be nice if the manufacturer would build these with a snap on sensor for the top instead of replacing the whole thing. For those that say unplug the wire harness from the motors and push the slide in, that ain’t happening. The gear ratio is really low. I put the motor in a vise and tried to turn the shaft with visegrips. You have to pop the motor up after removing the retaining screw on the outside. They do have some really heavy duty gears inside.
Attached Thumbnails
BB9A4D5F-857E-4018-BF6C-FC0A66B3D901.jpg   43B9B30D-6D0D-478E-A159-95A7B25B268D.jpg   6D459AFC-A621-4092-A0A6-04C3FE706782.jpg   C22078BA-D94D-4C8C-ABA0-67C8EFFB89E0.jpg  
Old 11-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #2

Here's and idea, let's put electronics in a moisture area. Idiots. Like you said make it replaceable OR encapsulate it so it can't get wet.
Pretty cool that you took it apart and showed off the inside!
Old 11-30-2021, 07:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Here's and idea, let's put electronics in a moisture area. Idiots. Like you said make it replaceable OR encapsulate it so it can't get wet.
Pretty cool that you took it apart and showed off the inside!
Thanks. Also they have some really small gauge wires on the connector for the amps these motors draw especially on some of the large slides.. I would think that circuit board would be around $30 to make and sell. I even thought about just removing the circuit board and solder me a 2 way switch to the motor to use in an emergency.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #4

Kudos for the FYI on the motor & gears. I had some slide/controller issues in the past. Good to know how these things are built.