Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #1

Which winter cover

I have stored my J feather X 17 Z indoors for the past three winters but couldn’t find a storage place this year. I need to get a good winter cover so I can store it outside. Any recommendations? I definitely don’t want to get the cheapest kind but rather something that will protect my unit and is good quality
Schilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #2

CalMark but it's probably too late to get one this for this Winter.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #3

We have an Adco cover. Been happy with it.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #4

ADCO FULL cover is good.

DO NOT GO CHEAP! DO NOT BUY THIS ONE:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ney-34186.html

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #5
BCK

I have the ADCO full cover as well and its been good so far. Put it on last weekend by myself with no issues at all.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM   #6

I bought an Elements Premium All Climate Cover last year. It worked great. It has plenty of straps to keep the cover from moving around in the wind. And it held up great last off-season.

It’s nice to take a cover off and begin the season with a clean camper. Eventually I’d like to build a barn or install a carport...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #7

Our Jayflight Bungalow is 42' long and we could not find a cover specifically for it. After talking with Camco and a few other RVers, we decided on the Camco Ultraguard. Camco does not make a cover for a 42' TT, but they do make one for a 40' - 42' Class A Motorhome. According to Camco, the sides of the Class A cover are longer than the sides of the TT cover. Since our Bungalow is taller than a normal TT, we decided to buy it.

This is the first year with the Bungalow and the cover, so I don't have any feedback other than my first impressions of the cover and the installation. I've never owned a RV cover before. I have seen them falling off other RVs in storage lots that we have stored our RV. If we get at least two 7-8 month seasons out of the cover I will be happy. We paid $320 from Amazon.

I thought it was a very nice cover. The material was very soft, but strong. It is a breathable fabric with vents all along the sides to allow extra moisture out. The vents may allow water to get in, but it should be able to escape. The vents are on the top sides, so any water that gets in will not site on the roof, but go down the side walls of the camper. It wasn't too bad of an installation. I was disappointed that it did not come with installation instructions, but we were able to figure it out with instructions for a similar cover we found online.

All four of us worked together to get the cover installed. The wife and kids were both on the roof to unroll it and then our son came down to help me while the wife and daughter stayed on the roof to make sure it rolled out evenly. It could be down with 2 of us if need be, but it was nice to have the extra hands. We'll be able to visit the camper when we visit family for Christmas. Our seasonal site is directly across from a Farm, so it can get windy. The cover is pretty secure, but not too tight. It was a little breezy when we put the cover on it held up against the windy pretty well. Hopefully it will hold up to the occasional Nor'Easters the are can get through the winter.

From first impressions, I would recommend the cover.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #8

I'm for the ADCO full cover as well. I've used it before but we now have plenty of garage access where we are at so don't need a cover. Sorry you couldn't get storage this year, I know some places are tough
Jonright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #9

Breathable!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 08:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
Our Jayflight Bungalow is 42' long and we could not find a cover specifically for it. After talking with Camco and a few other RVers, we decided on the Camco Ultraguard. Camco does not make a cover for a 42' TT, but they do make one for a 40' - 42' Class A Motorhome. According to Camco, the sides of the Class A cover are longer than the sides of the TT cover. Since our Bungalow is taller than a normal TT, we decided to buy it.

This is the first year with the Bungalow and the cover, so I don't have any feedback other than my first impressions of the cover and the installation. I've never owned a RV cover before. I have seen them falling off other RVs in storage lots that we have stored our RV. If we get at least two 7-8 month seasons out of the cover I will be happy. We paid $320 from Amazon.

I thought it was a very nice cover. The material was very soft, but strong. It is a breathable fabric with vents all along the sides to allow extra moisture out. The vents may allow water to get in, but it should be able to escape. The vents are on the top sides, so any water that gets in will not site on the roof, but go down the side walls of the camper. It wasn't too bad of an installation. I was disappointed that it did not come with installation instructions, but we were able to figure it out with instructions for a similar cover we found online.

All four of us worked together to get the cover installed. The wife and kids were both on the roof to unroll it and then our son came down to help me while the wife and daughter stayed on the roof to make sure it rolled out evenly. It could be down with 2 of us if need be, but it was nice to have the extra hands. We'll be able to visit the camper when we visit family for Christmas. Our seasonal site is directly across from a Farm, so it can get windy. The cover is pretty secure, but not too tight. It was a little breezy when we put the cover on it held up against the windy pretty well. Hopefully it will hold up to the occasional Nor'Easters the are can get through the winter.

From first impressions, I would recommend the cover.

-Michael
Hey thanks for your earlier post about the cover. We just recently purchased a 2017 bungalow and also want a cover. Do you recommend this cover that you mentioned or something else please?
Jbutzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:01 AM   #11

I can no longer recommend the Camco Ultraguard.

Our seasonal site was about 800 miles away. We were only able to visit it over Christmas, about 3 months after we left for the season. Due to the wind, the straps from the roof to the bottom of the TT had started to fray holes in the cover where they made contact with the cover along the edge of the roof. Unfortunately, there wasn't really anything that we could do about it as we were heading back home the next day.

About a month later, I received a message with photos from the Campground owner letting us know that our cover had failed. It turns out, a tree branch had fallen onto the roof, right on a vent cover and put a hole through the cover and the vent cover. The hole eventually got larger and larger until it went long wise along the TT and the cover slipped off.

That could have happened with any cover. The straps that go from the roof to the chassis are just a bad idea in the wind. I would get a cover that has straps that go under the chassis, like the ADCO covers. If they still don't make one for a 40+ foot TT, get one for a 40+ foot Class A. The Bungalows are taller than a regular Travel Trailer. The Class A cover fit very well for us.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote