Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

2005 Jayco Greyhawk

Hi, I have a 2005 Greyhawk and earlier this week I had the RV hooked up to shore power and had the ac running. I shut the ac off and left RV hooked up to shore power. Yesterday I went in, went to turn on interior lights and nothing. No ac, no fridge, no dash radio...etc. Interior outlets work, tv, microwave. My house battery is good and has a 12v charge. The battery disconnect does not seem to be working, I disconnected the ground from the house battery hoping it would reset, no luck.

Has anyone had a similar issue and if so how did you resolve it? Feeling a little frustrated, have plans to head to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday with the RV. Hoping I can still go.

Thanks in advance!
Philly Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #2

Did you check the fuse on the battery disconnect in the battery compartment. It is all the way in the back. I believe it is 5 amps.
Charles & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #3

Thank you, Charles and Vicky. I did check that fuse earlier, visually it appeared ok. After your reply I swapped it out to be safe and that did it. The old one appears ok, a little corroded, put the multimeter on it and it showed open.

Thank You very very much!!!
Old 08-25-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

I had an '08 GH31ss, sounds similar to a problem I had of the Solenoid switch on the battery disconnect switch. It is located at the back of the house battery compartment, you'll see some wires coming into. It is probably stuck in the open position. Try tapping on the solenoid switch itself with a screwdriver or hammer and then try the disconnect switch for function, light taps at first, harder if it does not free up. Unfortunately, mine did not free up and had to be replaced. GL
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
I had an '08 GH31ss, sounds similar to a problem I had of the Solenoid switch on the battery disconnect switch. It is located at the back of the house battery compartment, you'll see some wires coming into. It is probably stuck in the open position. Try tapping on the solenoid switch itself with a screwdriver or hammer and then try the disconnect switch for function, light taps at first, harder if it does not free up. Unfortunately, mine did not free up and had to be replaced. GL

Thank you for the advice. My issue happened to be the fuse, but I’ll keep tapping the solenoid in mind!