Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #1

2010/2011 Greyhawks What Do you Think?

Hi Everyone,

As I stated in my very first post I'm starting to look for my first RV, which will be a class C in the range of 29'-31' in length.
I will not be purchasing new because I can't afford too, so I'm looking at older models. I truly like the Greyhawk line especially from 2010 on because of the one piece fiberglass over cab design.
So does anyone own a 2010/2011 Greyhawk on the forum?
If so which one?
Would you share your pros and cons?
Would you buy it again.

Thanks everyone for participating.

Happy RV'ing..

Joe
Jshelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #2

I have a 2009 Greyhawk 31 SS bought it used previous owners took pretty good care of it, owned it for a year and got it caught up on maintenance and a few mods been very happy with it.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #3

I have a 2011 Greyhawk 31FS. I also bought mine used. I have had it just over a year now. Overall the RV is great, my one gripe is the microwave fell off the wall (while driving), and perhaps due to design, this DOTR12 is no longer made. So I am left with a cavity above the stove until I figure out how to replace it (any ideas out there are welcome). I would like to use the exhaust vent with a new one too. I have a few noises while driving I wish weren't there. I think it is the windows. Nothing is "wrong", it is just a part of RV'ing I keep telling myself. The boys really like the bunks though. My oldest had a growth spurt and now prefers the cab-over bed instead. Living in Texas, our AC gets a lot of use. The AC started blowing some reflective foil pieces, I am guessing is from the AC duct lining. I think it has stopped blowing the foil pieces, so what ever loose piece was up there is out now. I don't know what the impact will be; I don't think it is serious. The previous owners may have upgraded to all LED lights which is nice. I also look forward to leveling jacks in some future upgrade to make the RV level and keep it solid when we are camping, but that seems to only be a recent Class C feature in the newest models.

Happy shopping and camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #4

We bought our 2011 Greyhawk 31DS new, and have enjoyed 16,000 miles of mostly trouble free RV'ing. The a/c was replaced under warranty. Other than that, only minor problems, which include a leaking waterline connector under the sink, having to reseat the entry door weather stripping once in a while, a broken day/night window shade string, and routine preventive maintenance.
We do have inside storage, which really helps.
We have never regretted owning a Jayco.
fidalgo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #5

We owned a 2011 Greyhawk31ds for 5 years. Bought new and had many many issues. Luck of the draw I guess. Everything Fixed under extended warranty. Warranty ran out and we traded for 2016 Precept which we love. Greyhawk had plenty of storage and handled well. Good luck!
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #6

We have a 2011 31SS it has performed very well we have about 25k miles. I added HWH leveler they are GREAT we bought new and had a few minor things taken care of under warranty. We have the Entertainment option so the bunk over the cab is a single bed sharing space with a large TV. Now that I am retired we have been toying with an upgrade so we can get closer to full timing. Good luck with whatever you end up with
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Gma-n-Gpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
greyhawk, review