Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2017, 08:43 PM   #1

2015 GH 31FS House Battery not charging

After a reverse polarity incident I have went through and replaced the Inverter, 12v continuous duty solenoid, house battery, HVAC thermostat in line fuse, and the 20A DC breaker that connects to the 12v continuous duty solenoid. The house battery is receiving 14v charge from the generator and DC converter when plugged in to shore power. The alternator should also charge the house battery. There is a positive wire that comes from the 12v continuous duty solenoid to a 20A DC circuit breaker that I assume goes to the house battery (also has 14v when engine is running). There are lots of harnesses going to the rear. When the engine is running, I am unable to get a 14v reading at any of the positive terminals located in the house battery. I have looked for an inline fuse but cannot locate one. Has anyone dealt with this issue or have an idea where I should concentrate my efforts? My cameras and mirrors stopped working as well. I found a 3A inline fuse but it checks out as good. Not sure where to go with either of these issues. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #2

Is your rig still under warranty?. Have you check the reverse polarity fuses in the panel. Mine has three 25 Amp RP fuses at the top of all the others. One or more of them could be open. When the diconnect solonoid is closed, via the switch near the door, do you have 12 volts or more on both terminals of the solonoid? What did you mean by "I am unable to get a 14v reading at any of the positive terminals located in the house battery" Do you have more than one coach battery?. If you do, are they two 12 volt batteries or two 6 volt batteries? If you only have one 12 volt, then there is only one 12 volt terminal post on the battery.
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #3

Will do some more checking. Thanks for the reply. Rig is out of warranty. Also received schematics from jayco.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote