Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #1

2017 Greyhawk MV Jensen in dash GPS

Can anyone give me any info on the gps that comes with the new greyhawks.
There is absolutely no literature or owners manuals that come with the Jensen JRV 9000.When we called Jensen they said we have to download and print the owners manual.They don't supply owners manuals with the units.How cheap can they be.
I am seriously considering adding a seperate Garmin rv gps that I think might be more user friendly and overall a better unit.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated .
Thankyou
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #2

Most all manuals are online these days. Good luck with a dealer helping you.
lucemw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #3

You'd be much better off picking up a separate GPS anyway. I've played around with the built-in Jensen GPS many times and have found my older Garmin much more user friendly. You not only have to download the user manual, it's a whole nother problem trying to figure out how to update the GPS maps. I keep the maps up to date just to have the unit as a backup and it's a challenging drill every time I do it.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #4

what do you need to know? I've futzed with ours enough to get it working, mostly. I did download *both* manuals from the site. There's a big one for the radio/DVD player and another big one for the navigation software.

As I said before, my initial impression of the navigation was "Yuck" but I've warmed up a bit to and now just think it's quirky.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
what do you need to know? I've futzed with ours enough to get it working, mostly. I did download *both* manuals from the site. There's a big one for the radio/DVD player and another big one for the navigation software.

As I said before, my initial impression of the navigation was "Yuck" but I've warmed up a bit to and now just think it's quirky.
Well the RV is winterized so I really can't explore it to much untill I get it out on the road.
Thanks for offering your help!
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #6

I can tell you that it's a pain in the butt to use while driving. Also hard to see from the drivers seat.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
I can tell you that it's a pain in the butt to use while driving. Also hard to see from the drivers seat.
X2
Old 09-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #8

hi, i just got the same response from jayco when we noticed that a jensen jrv9000 manuel wasn't enclosed with our contents. would much prefer a hard copy to look at.
nancyxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #9

These are for the JRV215, but I'd be willing to bet a nickel it'll be very close to what you need:

https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/downl...ion_manual.pdf

https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/downl...ers_manual.pdf
Old 09-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #10

Well the 9000 manuals were right below the 215's...

https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/downl...ion_manual.pdf
Old 09-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
You'd be much better off picking up a separate GPS anyway. I've played around with the built-in Jensen GPS many times and have found my older Garmin much more user friendly. You not only have to download the user manual, it's a whole nother problem trying to figure out how to update the GPS maps. I keep the maps up to date just to have the unit as a backup and it's a challenging drill every time I do it.
DITTO !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #12

I have the same unit in my 2017. In a nutshell it's horrible. Don't waste your time. I went out and bought a Garmin with a screen the same size as the unit and is much better. Cost $279 well worth it.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #13

We have a Greyhawk 29MV. When we first tried the Jensen GPS, I felt defeated. We had no manual. Hacked away for the first few trips. It is not very user friendly. Told the dealer about the lack of printed instructions. The dealer got me instructions. I have learned to use the Jensen GPS and now I like it.
nels1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels1954 View Post
I have learned to use the Jensen GPS and now I like it.
Yeah - it grows on you.

I still think it's no where near as good as an aftermarket Garmin, but it's there and I use it for simple things. I kicked it over into "Truck" mode and it does a better job of routing us down appropriate streets.

9 times out'a 10, I'm using Google Maps on the phone. But it's nice to have something that works without a cell tower.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:31 AM   #15

My 2015 Greyhawk came with the Clarion model DVD/NAV system. I downloaded the manual from the company, along with the instructions for updating the software on the micro SD card that came with it. Once I updated the software and learned how to program and save destinations into it. it's not so bad. The biggest function I like about this system is and I am not sure if the Jensen has it, is the ability to select different vehicle types. I have mine to to "bus" so it won't send me down roads that are to narrow or have low bridges. The first time I used this unit, it was factory set to "taxi cab" and sent me down every "goat path" know to man. The in dash unit like any other, is hard to see from the drivers seat, especially in the sun, but it does have audio to guide you. I got used to it after a while and beside, my wife is sitting next to me so she can keep an eye on it. Cheers
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #16

Garmin RV 760

No comparison in quality or user friendliness - just use the Jensen as a rear camera ( not a very good one but better than nothing ) the Garmin RV 760 is not perfect but it is VERY GOOD

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:39 AM   #17

I noticed the 2018 29MV greyhawk changed and now they have a in dash Garmin ? looks nice, any idea what the model is?
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgroves526 View Post
I noticed the 2018 29MV greyhawk changed and now they have a in dash Garmin ? looks nice, any idea what the model is?
There was an article on the Garmin website noting that Jayco was installing a system with a built in GPS. Here is an excerpt from the article: "Garmin is excited to announce RV-BBT601, an advanced OEM infotainment system designed for recreational vehicles (RVs) featuring best-in-class navigation from Garmin, and audio powered by FUSION Entertainment, a Garmin brand. The first portable system of its kind, the RV-BBT601 is an in-dash solution that can easily be removed and used to access applications or control the entertainment from anywhere in the RV. Jayco, a subsidiary of Thor Industries, the sole owner of operating subsidiaries that, combined, represent one of the world’s largest manufacturers of recreational vehicles, has selected the RV-BBT601 for its 2018 fleet and effective immediately, will offer the infotainment system as standard equipment on a select line of motorized RVs." Here is the link to the article: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/au...nt-2018-fleet/
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #19

Garmin RV-BBT601. For now an OEM version for Jayco motorized. A big improvement over Jensen with features and nav.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/573240#overview
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #20

I can’t find anyone that stocks that model. I would like to replace my Jensen
Lngebrown is offline   Reply With Quote