Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblorenz View Post
We need to remove the theatre seating in our 2020 29MV, as the recliner lever under one of them has broken. DH is having problems removing the anchor bolts.
Any Suggestions?
I'm guessing the his problem is that the square part of the carriage bolt (you can't see it because it's on the lower side of the floor) is spinning, so when he goes to loose the exposed nut above the frame it just turns the whole bolt?

If that's the case and there's enough room for three nuts, you place two of them at the end of the bolt, tighten them against each other, then hold those two with a wrench or pliers while you loosen the bottom nut with another wrench. Once the lower nut is loose, you can usually back it off with fingers, but remember that the carriage bolt will drop into the space below it unless you hold it there. (So I would gently hold the bolt with pliers and remove the frame, then reverse the procedure above to secure the bolt to the floor.)

I'm not sure about the inverter and scan issues . . .
Old 01-02-2021, 01:53 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
How did we go from recliner replacement to inverter, batteries and scan gauges?
My fault--I asked some questions after reading RGD615's RV-bio details. I'm new here & did not realize we can't branch off like that. I can see it could get a bit chaotic. SOP in such cases is to start a new topic thread? Thanks very much
CW5AVRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:09 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblorenz View Post
We need to remove the theatre seating in our 2020 29MV, as the recliner lever under one of them has broken. DH is having problems removing the anchor bolts.
Any Suggestions?
mblorenz, you have a 2020 29MV? Don't you have some time left on the 2-year warranty? Breaking a functional component of original equipment is covered. Jayco & my local service shop were never fast with warranty approvals, but they never denied any work other than stuff I did (like shearing off the roof TV antenna on a tree limb among other things). Let them deal with it if you can. If that's not an option for you, may I suggest vise-grips if you have a nut that will not turn relative to the bolt it's on. Stock carriage bolts have a short, non-threaded shaft just below the bolt head. If you can clamp vise grips around that part to immobilize the bolt, you can work on the nut without crushing the bolt threads or losing the bolt. There are lots of smart people here with great experience & advice. A little more detail about your project, maybe a picture too, would help zero in on a solution to your problem. Thanks much
Old 01-02-2021, 07:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW5AVRet View Post
... Stock carriage bolts have a short, non-threaded shaft just below the bolt head. If you can clamp vise grips around that part to immobilize the bolt, you can work on the nut without crushing the bolt threads or losing the bolt. ...
The bolts I found in my 2014 31FS are usually called 'elevator bolts' which have a very flat head for low clearance installations.
The actual ones are longer than the one shown.

Recently I needed to remove the carpeted trim around the slide base to perform some work on my slide out mechanism. With this trim piece removed you have decent access to the bolts for the couch base, if you needed to get at them. There isn't much to grab onto, but they could be removed and replaced. Excuse the dust bunnies in the image, I didn't know I was going to have company.
Attached Thumbnails
Elevator Bolts 20200926.jpg  
Old 01-04-2021, 02:26 AM   #45

Scoutmaster253 thanks for the helpful info. Your elevator bolts appear identical to the four bolts anchoring the seat belts behind my trifold sofa/recliners in the slideout. Now I know what I have if I have to mess with those sometime. Great pics, did not see any dust bunnies, but DW sez I never see them anyway
Old 02-22-2023, 11:11 AM   #46

Theater Seat replacement

We have the factory theater seats and want to replace them with the RECPRO powered loveseat.

https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...a-rv-loveseat/

We have powered recliners in the house and are "Spoiled". I'm waiting for the weather to get better to bring the RV out of storage and do the job.
I'll have the factory recliners available upon completion if anyone is interested in them.
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote