Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #1

2018 Greyhawk Prestige

I have been hearing about the new branded Greyhawk Prestige in floorplans 29MVP and 31FSP. Other than a few photos online has anyone seen one first hand? Differences from standard Greyhawks? Looks similar to the Envoy (front cap) they introduced last year.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #2

Based on some info a couple of forum members got from Jayco was that they abandoned the Envoy series but some design aspects of them will be part of a Greyhawk Prestige line. Since Jayco hasn't officially published any 2018 info the best we can do at this point is call Jayco or comb over the sale listings of dealers that already have some 2018s in stock.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #3

Was at our local dealer yesterday, and guess what drove in while we there... 2018 Prestige. Dealership just picked it up from Middlebury to add to inventory. They let me look around and see that it has similar decor to the new 2018 Greyhawks with a few cosmetic differences inside with solid surface counters, different color scheme and slightly different cabinet doors throughout. Of course had the panorama window over the front bunk that has its goods and bads. Model also had outside TV on the MVP model... but not sure if standard or option. I didn't take not of leveling jacks but see on RVTrader that MSRP is a bit higher than standard Greyhawks.

Just a little FYI as per my original post incase anyone wants to know about this new model.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
One of the sales guys had heard that they introduced the Envoy last year for a CW exclusive and that contract crashed.
Interesting. Our first coach, a Coachmen 2008 Freedom Express was also a Camping World exclusive. Just a regular Freedom Elite with some options.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #5

JackSprat, were you at Ricks yesterday? They had a 18 Grayhawk coming in.
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:24 PM   #6

Yep that's the dealer.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #7

2018 Greyhawk Prestige

Mr.Jack
Explain the bad part of the panorama window.
Also I heard Jayco was taking out the Girard tankless water heater and putting in a much better unit--German made. Is that true for the '18 Greyhawk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Mr.Jack
Also I heard Jayco was taking out the Girard tankless water heater and putting in a much better unit--German made. Is that true for the '18 Greyhawk?

The Truma is rumored to be replacing the Girard. I'll bet they just run the Girard inventory out first.

The bad on a front window is probably leakage.
Front windows in the cap are notorious for leaking.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Mr.Jack

We have the new 2018 Greyhawk 29MV and the factory is using an Atwood 6 gallon water heater. I guess they had too many complaints on the tankless (Girard).
Old 04-30-2017, 11:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
The Truma is rumored to be replacing the Girard. I'll bet they just run the Girard inventory out first.

I mentioned the leakage potential to a salesmen. That was a problem years ago when they had a window over the cab.
She replied that Jayco has a new technique that has solved that issue. [emoji3]She couldn't explain anymore than that.

Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Rushmore has them in their Front LR FW for at least 3 years now. They're using windshield technology for mounting.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #12

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...hawk-prestige/

Officially on their website now.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:51 AM   #13

Picking up Greyhawk Prestige 30XP tomorrow

See that this thread is gone kind of dark. So to start it up again, as trying to find Prestige posts is few and far between. I am driving down to Tampa tomorrow to pick up our new 2018 Prestige from RV Direct/RV One. Total out the door price is $85,825/ 91,993 w/tax. Attached are some on the lot pics. Will keep folks here updated on how all of it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
FLM11522-201801170914090.JPG   FLM11522-201801170914091.JPG   FLM11522-201801170914092.JPG   FLM11522-201801170914093.JPG  
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:36 AM   #14

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing and hearing how you like your new unit. I'm considering RV one as well for a 29 MVP but not sure yet.

Are you actually in Florida or did you make the purchase from another state? Let me know how you like dealing with RV one folks.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Congratulations! Look forward to seeing and hearing how you like your new unit. I'm considering RV one as well for a 29 MVP but not sure yet.

Are you actually in Florida or did you make the purchase from another state? Let me know how you like dealing with RV one folks.
The experience with Harvey one/RV direct was a very good 1. Very no nonsense take care of business when you go and pick up the unit. Staff was very friendly and I would definitely do business with them again. The only thing is that you are basically buying a sight unseen. All of financing and down payment was conducted without even seeing the actual unit itself. Once I got there we did a complete walk around of the unit. During this time I found a bunch of RV anti freeze had been spilled in the unit for the water. They made sure and clean this all up and also ensured nothing else was wrong. The unit was washed completely fueled and redy to go after I had done the inside and exterior walk around. Again I think I would greatly take advantage of these folks again they are well worth it and I highly recommend. Hope this helps and I will post more pictures and our adventurers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
Was at our local dealer yesterday, and guess what drove in while we there... 2018 Prestige. Dealership just picked it up from Middlebury to add to inventory. They let me look around and see that it has similar decor to the new 2018 Greyhawks with a few cosmetic differences inside with solid surface counters, different color scheme and slightly different cabinet doors throughout. Of course had the panorama window over the front bunk that has its goods and bads. Model also had outside TV on the MVP model... but not sure if standard or option. I didn't take not of leveling jacks but see on RVTrader that MSRP is a bit higher than standard Greyhawks.

Just a little FYI as per my original post in case anyone wants to know about this new model.
Ditto: I have the 2015 GH 29MV and it's the same with the update mods. (see my Pic). All for a higher price tag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-greyhawk-mahogany-mist.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	37866
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Jayco Greyhawk Side View.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	37867

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #17

Interesting that when we bought our Greyhawk (2012) it was a huge sales pitch for Jayco over other males because they didn’t have the over cab window, it was one piece and we would never have to worry about a leak. Now a few years later, the window is back! Go figure. lol
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #18

I personally would rather not have the window. Sure it brightens things up, but its hard enough keeping these rigs cool w/ 1 AC as it is. Plus its another entry point for leaks.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #19

Thumbs up 2018 Greyhawk 30 XP

We purchased this unit after visiting the RV show in Hershey. Prior to purchase, we looked at this same unit at a Camping World in SC. We tried to purchase from small local J dealer, but they could not match the price provided by small dealer located in Eastern PA which priced out the u it at the RV show! We were very happy with price. We love the unit. It does have the window, which I did not want. But, we were told this is an auto window. this window comes with an electric shade. J did stop using the tankless water heaters and went back to a tank style. It does have solid surface countertop. And, day/night shades in living area. We stayed with standard 8 cu. ft fridge so we could enjoy the large pantry. There is an outside TV with marine speakers that's standard with the Prestige package. There are a total of 3 TVs in this unit. The one above the bunk has a bluray. This prestige also has the JRide Plus. It does have auto leveling.
Since we live in western PA, the unit went from dealership, to our driveway, to storage! This is our first MH. Totally new to this! Many years ago we had pop ups and loved taking the kids camping. But, wow have things changed in the RV world! I don't know much else, it's setting in storage while we continue to get more and more snow! I just keep reading! I hope I was able to help!
Bonnshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #20

That window looks like a big rock attraction or tree limb and what happens when the rubber seal starts drying out from sun exposure.And the way these rigs flex will be interesting
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote