Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #1

Rvone Purchase

Has anyone ever purchased a motorhome from RV One Superstores? If so, how did the purchase go and what did you think of this dealership? In particular, has anyone ever purchased from the dealership in Iowa?

Was thinking about purchasing via this route, but didn't know if there would be an issue regarding servicing, etc. I live in the western part of the country, so the purchase would be an out-of-state purchase.

Thanks.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #2

Didn't by in Iowa, But prior to the sale it was excellent. Bought a 5th wheel. I always got to speak to someone in Service, Sales or who ever I needed. After the sale was totally different, I would get the receptionist, then straight to a answering machine and no call back. Had to actually drive to the dealership to speak to someone. And as far as getting anything accomplished was fruitless. So take my experience as you like, I'm being truthful.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
Didn't by in Iowa, But prior to the sale it was excellent. Bought a 5th wheel. I always got to speak to someone in Service, Sales or who ever I needed. After the sale was totally different, I would get the receptionist, then straight to a answering machine and no call back. Had to actually drive to the dealership to speak to someone. And as far as getting anything accomplished was fruitless. So take my experience as you like, I'm being truthful.
X 2. I bought mine in Orlando and everything Shadester said I concur with. These guys have the WORST service after the sale ever. Prices are great, but that's about it. I have been lied to, service promises not even close to being kept, and then accused of misleading them on what was actually wrong with my Seismic. All I will say is BUYER BEWARE.

Rob
7.3 Fan clutch upgrade, Mishimoto coolant filter
Airlift bags on rear
Reese 20K hitch
2005 H-D Screamin Eagle (Banana)
Wusaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:28 AM   #4

Rvone Purchase

I bought from the RVOne in Albany NY and had a great experience. In fact a mechanic loaned me his tool cart to setup my WDH that I bought elsewhere and brought with me. My sister in law bought her camper from the RVOne in Orlando and had a great experience.

I can’t speak for service because neither of our campers ever needed to go back. Read on hear about people having trouble getting good service from other dealers too so I’d buy from wherever you get the best deal that makes sense (for example, I’m not driving 2 hours to save $500 but I would to save $2500).
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #5

Bought mine from Albany RV One and so far great experience.
Trumex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #6

Rvone Purchase

I bought at rvone in Albany and so far good experiences. Great price up front with no changes or extra charges and well below price anywhere else I found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #7

We almost bought our 29MV from RVOne in Albany. Their price was excellent, so I contacted the local Jayco dealer and showed them the numbers from RVOne. They could not beat RVOne's price, but they came darn close. So we considered driving 6 hours to Albany or 45 minutes to the local dealer, and the local dealer won out. So far we think we made the correct choice.

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #8

jaytalk, we bought a new motorhome and a new 5th wheel from RVone in Des Moines. Pre sale was great, couldn't be better. Had to pay in full before PDI was done. That should have been a red flag. PDI went well, but that's where it ended. Have tried to go back twice for warranty work ( I am from another state as well ) not very helpful at all, no calls back, hard to contact service, would not let us leave unit there while parts were ordered. We were told we would have to bring unit in to be looked at, take back home, then bring back and hope the right parts came in. I have said this before. The only reason to buy from RV One is PRICE! They are hard to beat, but don't expect much after the purchase. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
jaytalk, we bought a new motorhome and a new 5th wheel from RVone in Des Moines. Pre sale was great, couldn't be better. Had to pay in full before PDI was done. That should have been a red flag. PDI went well, but that's where it ended. Have tried to go back twice for warranty work ( I am from another state as well ) not very helpful at all, no calls back, hard to contact service, would not let us leave unit there while parts were ordered. We were told we would have to bring unit in to be looked at, take back home, then bring back and hope the right parts came in. I have said this before. The only reason to buy from RV One is PRICE! They are hard to beat, but don't expect much after the purchase. Good luck.

Dave
Thanks for your response and your honesty. So if the service is so bad, why didn't you buy twice from them? I've been shopping around and it does seem like the price is pretty hard to beat. But when you're spending that much money on something new you do want to get decent service for it. Have you ever tried to get service from a dealer and your home state?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #10

We bought our 375BHFS from RVOne through their Des Moines store. We ordered the unit and found the whole process to be easy and the best price considering our trade position. They offered for us to complete the PDI prior to completing the paperwork. However, their service center is in a different location than their sales office so we did not do that. We found a small number of items that they quickly remedied before we left. However, I knew from the size and layout of their shop, that service was not a string point. I got the service managers direct line before we left but never had the need to use it. We didn't need any warranty work completed on the unit. So take this for what it is worth

I have 3 very good service dealers in my back yard, so I was not concerned. I have fostered a relationship with all of them over the last 10 years. As such, I'm not concerned that they will put me at the back of the line if I needed work done. All of them would have loved to have sold me my last 2 campers, but each recognized that they didn't have the floor plan I wanted in the brands they sell (or in the case of the last one, an inventory hold over). I believe in supporting your local dealership where you can. By parts there. Walk in and talk to them at every open house. Be sure you talk to the parts & service guys when you do, not just sales. It's those relationships that pay dividends for you when you need it. It's tough for a guy to play hardball with you and their 'customers who bought here rule' when your on a first name basis!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:19 AM   #11

Thanks for your response BeachRetreat.

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy RVOne instead of one of the dealerships in your backyard?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:35 AM   #12

We are going with a 38 refs Pinnacle and our local Jayco dealer in fort Myers is at $73000 and RV one in Tampa is at $64000, No brainier there. Remember don't fall for the I wont work on it if you didn't buy it from us, that is a scare tactic. After the sale if you need service you end up talking to totally different people in the service dept. and most of the time the sales department is not even aware you are there. Also the dealer ship has the option to put you on the list anywhere, but they make money on warranty work and also you are not always in the area where you purchased it and all authorized Jayco dealerships have to service your unit. They also have try to keep customers happy so the dealer ship can have a good relationship with Jayco. Remember the dealer also gets a report card and one of our local dealerships lost a brand because of that said relationship and gave it to another local dealership.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:20 AM   #13

All Jayco dealers DO NOT have to work on your Jayco..........

Wait until you buy from RV One and try to get Jayco dealer in Ft. Meyers to work on it.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #14

Unfortunately, buying local doesn't mean you will get good service. My Seneca has been at the dealer for some simple repairs for 4 weeks now. Camping World can't be any worse than my dealer and their service dept is measured independently of the sales dept, i.e., they want your business. Some have complained about the quality of work at CW but my experience with them has been OK to date.

Net - get the best deal.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #15

jaytalk, the reason we went back to RVOne was because we didn't have to deal with them for service on our first unit, and they had the best price. Jayco would let us take it to a dealer near where we were at the time. You just need to get prior approval from Jayco before you get the work done. It doesn't even need to be a Jayco dealer. On our second unit it was a different story dealing with RVOne. We had problems right from the start and it never got any better. Again, you can't beat their price, but hope for the best after the sale. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #16

We bought from Tampa and sales was good. Again, it was the best price around. I also like that they don't have all those added fees. Don't fall for the extended warranty that they offer you. It was double the price of finding one independently. Service has been ..eh. Right now, there is a mobile tech that has been coming to fix things. I do have to keep calling the girl in charge of warranty. The one that was great recently left. The new girl doesn't get back in touch with you. I have to keep calling and calling and calling. I know I'm getting on their nerves but I don't care.
baslert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Thanks for your response BeachRetreat.

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy RVOne instead of one of the dealerships in your backyard?
In our case we were trading a DP motorhome for a 5th wheel. Non of my local three wanted a used DP because they were not selling new ones and don't cater to that kind of clientele. All of them had no problem servicing the 5th wheel or the DP.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #18

Smile Great buying experience with RV One Tampa

Hey Folks, just picked up our 2018 Greyhawk 30xp Prestige on Tues. Price simply could not be beaten in the entire U.S. Believe me I tired to find one! Started with us showing interest via website. Immediately called by James in the Albany office, (we live in GA). Not pushy at all but demonstrated a genuine concern on helping us with everything. Got handed over to Cesar in Tampa to set up financing. Cesar was very professional and very helpful. Arranged for all financing and basically bought site unseen, little bit scary. But got a one way rental from Savannah to Tampa and went for the PDI. Absolutely painless and took just over one hour. Couple of very minor issues which were remedied on the spot. Overall I would highly recommend them to anyone based on price alone. Cannot speak for service but I do not plan on driving 4 hours to have it taken care of there. So happy camper, really we are, and have nothing but good things to say.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslert View Post
We bought from Tampa and sales was good. Again, it was the best price around. I also like that they don't have all those added fees. Don't fall for the extended warranty that they offer you. It was double the price of finding one independently. Service has been ..eh. Right now, there is a mobile tech that has been coming to fix things. I do have to keep calling the girl in charge of warranty. The one that was great recently left. The new girl doesn't get back in touch with you. I have to keep calling and calling and calling. I know I'm getting on their nerves but I don't care.
I know when I was leaving the area they started the road service to do minor repairs on the field. I know about the new girl, they change so much its hard to keep up them. Rumors had it they were going to expand the place and really improve service with a new shop. If I recall right, I thought they removed those nose dived air stream's to make room for the expansion. Time will tell though.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
I know when I was leaving the area they started the road service to do minor repairs on the field. I know about the new girl, they change so much its hard to keep up them. Rumors had it they were going to expand the place and really improve service with a new shop. If I recall right, I thought they removed those nose dived air stream's to make room for the expansion. Time will tell though.
Huge expansion going on. Airsteams everywhere at the Tampa location.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote