Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #1

2018 ofr 2019 Jayco class c 22j owners

we have a2019 and would like to hear from other owners experiences..
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #2

As far as what?
I bought a 2018 last year. We really haven't had it out many times. Always seems something comes up or there is no campsites. It also rained almost every weekend. This year is not looking promising with kids getting married and having kids.
I think size wise it's right except not very good seating. The dinette is not very comfortable. The bedroom rear closet/drawers not be accessible when the slide is in means while traveling you better pull out what you think you need.
I also would like to update the front suspension so I could get more Caster as driving is stressful on the hwy. Back roads it's pretty agile for it's size.

This was the last one on my dealers lot and I have seen non in his inventory since. So I'm wonder what that means
Old 05-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #3

thanks, our 2019 came with a slide out awning. had alignment and caster was way out, made a difference in handling. plan to add a loadmaster reflex steering stabilizer to replace the stabilizer that came with the ford chassis. just too weak to do any good. added piano hinges to dinette storage boards, no more lifting them out to get to area under seats. are you carrying a spare tire? I purchased just a tire no rim and carry it in the overhead bunk wrapped in plastic bag.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #4

I think we got ours as that same time as you. We've taken ours out about 15 times. We've added a safe-t-plus steering stabilizer and had a full alignment done by the same people that work on my company's bucket trucks- which are also 450s. I've swapped the stereo, door and rear speakers, added a dash cam, and a subwoofer under the front passenger seat. If I am gonna drive it, I am going to listen to good sounding music. I've added fan covers so we can keep them both open to get out moisture. I swapped the shower head with an Oxygenics head. We've bought an external EMS surge & electrical protector- and a good lock. We've done a ton of other little things for storage. I've screwed around with a number of different black tank treatments but have stuck with Happy Camper. I've bought a LevelMatePro to help get it set up at parks- we typically stay at state parks and those aren't that level. All in all- I am pretty happy with it.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #5

Here's the radio- Kenwood DNX875S. The speakers had to have a ring built as the metal frame was across the roofline and the speakers were taller than stock. I got the DRV-N520 dash cam which interfaces directly with the head unit. And had to hide the mic somewhere- works well right in this spot. Not shown is the KSC-PSW8 powered sub which is directly under the passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0661.jpg   IMG_0663.jpg   IMG_0665.jpg   IMG_0666.jpg  
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #6

thanks, dw faded the screws in the access panel to hot water panel with velcro so not have to remove screws to change to bypass for winterizing.