Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2019, 01:03 AM   #1

37TS owners

I have a 2015 Seneca 37TS with the entertainment center over the cab. I bought it used. It came with the remote to. Sharp DVD player and I can’t find a DVD player or where one would hook up. The wires coming off the back of the Tv run up into the roof so I haven’t had any luck tracing them.
Can anyone give me some info on this?
GJegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:48 AM   #2

It was probably taken out. Mine was located behind the TV. In the space behind the tv you should see a splitter box. The DVD would feed this box and this then feeds the TVs via cat5 or cat6 ? cable.

I moved my DVD to the glass door as the DVD remote did not work with the DVD hidden behind the TV.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #3

There’s a square box with rca cables for audio and video going from the tv to the box and into the ceiling, probably going to rear tv.
I guess I need to buy a DVD player and connect it.
In my previous motorhome, I could play the tv thru the speakers in the ceiling but I haven’t figured out how to do that in here.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJegstrup View Post
There’s a square box with rca cables for audio and video going from the tv to the box and into the ceiling, probably going to rear tv.
I guess I need to buy a DVD player and connect it.
In my previous motorhome, I could play the tv thru the speakers in the ceiling but I haven’t figured out how to do that in here.
My 2014 has a cabover bunk so there may be differences. But as-delivered my unit only had the dash mounted DVD which would output its video signal to the bunk TV (A/V-in on the TV menu) and the sound would come out of the TV speakers and the coach and cab speakers. If I was watching broadcast TV I could play the sound through the overhead speakers by selecting the "Aux" input in the cab dash stero menu.

But since most of my titles are on Blu-ray I installed a Blu-ray player and hooked it to the bunk TV via a HDMI cable. I could still output the TV's sound through the speakers by using the aforementioned Aux input on the cab stereo since the TV has its "audio out" RCA cables connected to the dash radio. But I wanted better sound so I installed a sound bar attached to the ceiling and connected it optically to the TV. The soundbar also has a wireless subwoofer too and provides great sound. Even with the soundbar I can still send audio to the overhead speakers but seldom do anymore.

I have upgraded all 3 of my TV's to "smart" models, and I don't think the original ContinUS units had optical inputs. Those TV's were absolute junk. I also went bigger on all 3 TV's; 40" for the cabover, 39" in outside cabinet (on a swivel/tilt bracket) and a 24" in the bedroom. The bedroom TV is also in a swivel/tilting mount and has an optically connected soundbar mounted over the wardrobe door. No subwoofer back there though!
Attached Thumbnails
20170811_143348.jpg   20160812_073324.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #5

I like the way your bedroom TV tilts down!
After some experimenting today, I found out how it works.
I put a DVD player in the dash player, and the DVD started playing on the screen on the in dash unit.
Then I was able to get it to play on the over cab TV bit with no sound.
What learned is that the in dash is zone 1 and the over cab tv is zone 2.
Now I have regular tv playing thru all the speakers.
REALLY appreciate the help from you guys!

Thx a lot
Old 05-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJegstrup View Post
I like the way your bedroom TV tilts down.
And the bracket shifts side to side several inches to make viewing much easier! The original TV was mounted behind the cabinet door pointed straight out, a horrible viewing angle!

I removed the original (junk) 19" TV and replaced it with a 22" Samsung HDTV. I bolted the new swivel mount to the original behind-the-door bracket so the new TV lays flat against the cabinet door when stowed. Some nylon web straps with quick-release buckles hold the TV tight against the door for travel. Traveled for years and many thousands of miles without incident. And the cabinet behind the TV is still completely available to store items inside.

I also have a Blu-ray hooked to this TV via HDMI and the soundbar above the wardrobe as mentioned earlier. Makes for a pleasant watching experience propped up in bed!
Attached Thumbnails
20160812_073324_resized.jpg   20160812_073346_resized.jpg   20160812_073249_resized.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote