Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2021, 08:07 AM   #1

Adding blind spot cameras on Melbourne

My 2021 came with a great rear-camera system that mimics a mirror. It also has the capability for side cameras but has none. I think cameras could even be hooked up to switch to that view automatically with the blinker and side sensor. The side mirrors on the Sprinter are great. And I thought that would be the end of it. But just driving it around the city for some early driver training I managed to not see a Mini that must have blazed a path into the right turn lane I was headed for. Scared the bejesus out of me and made me wonder how hard it would be to add the side cameras. I suspect there would be a way to add wireless to a wired system. Time for research. Appreciate anyone that's gone before me telling me their experience. (And maybe I can do enough with that small concave mirror on the left below the big one, but it's total crap on the right!)
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #2

Following this one. I would love to add additional cameras to my 2020.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:15 AM   #3

I installed one on my Sprinter van. I just haven't gotten around to installing it on my Melbourne yet after 5 years. My dash cam DVR in the van has an input to add a back up camera as well. I already had a back up cam so I installed one on the side mirror and hooked it up to the dash cam. The camera I installed is like this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I thought I had a picture of the install but I fished the wire through the mirror arm through the door up the A pillar to my rear view mirror dash cam. I can view this camera full time so I never hooked up the trip wire. If your monitor has another input it should fairly easy. You asked about wireless to wired adapter. Another user here mentioned one that I added to my wish list but I haven't bought it yet.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T8HMCMN...v_ov_lig_dp_it
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #4

Is it a Furrion camera system?
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:47 AM   #5

It's a Voyager system with a setup for three cameras one of which is being used. Always on is not bad either. Just trying to figure out a simple way to do it, lol.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #6

Checked with the manufacturer and I would need wired side cameras, which is still possible. Of course I could convert to a wireless system but not sure I want to pay out the pesos for that.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #7

Haloview system

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
Checked with the manufacturer and I would need wired side cameras, which is still possible. Of course I could convert to a wireless system but not sure I want to pay out the pesos for that.
I recently installed a wireless 3 camera system (back and sides) from Haloview on my Greyhawk 31FS and it was 1) trivially easy (they replace existing lights on back/sides so you just wire them into the existing light wires) and 2) worked very well to eliminate side blind spots.

Agreed it's pricey, about $500, but IMO it was worth it. In addition to eliminating blind spots I added an SD card for recording so I have a recording in case of any rear/side incidents.
nottherealfloridaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #8

Interesting. May go down this road if needed. I’m going to see what the wiring looks like. Some of these had side cameras and maybe Jayco left the wiring. Maybe not. And $500 is not to much to pay for real vision of what’s going on around you. Especially in these behemoths.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottherealfloridaman View Post
I recently installed a wireless 3 camera system (back and sides) from Haloview on my Greyhawk 31FS and it was 1) trivially easy (they replace existing lights on back/sides so you just wire them into the existing light wires) and 2) worked very well to eliminate side blind spots.

Agreed it's pricey, about $500, but IMO it was worth it. In addition to eliminating blind spots I added an SD card for recording so I have a recording in case of any rear/side incidents.
Thanks. Here's a link to Haloview. https://www.haloview.com/ I will give them a call. We have a 2021 Red Hawk and the Sony rearview camera is almost useless. $500 is less than a collision deductible.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote