Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats a RRRV View Post
Odyssey 24b / front window / outside T.V. / stainless appliances / some other minor inside stuff / Porcelain toilet / Also Ask retiredone too. He has a 24b redhawk ?
Fiberglass roof is a big difference
Fork in the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:28 PM   #182

A quick fix for the snare drum in the bunk ceiling, located whatever was rattling with a metal detector, drilled a 1/4in hole above it, got some expanding foam, put a bend on end of nozzle, put nozzle in hole and rotated left to right while releasing foam, a small amount of foam came out of hole when I removed nozzle, when it dried I broke it off and hole was invisible, 4000 miles later and still quiet up there.
Sawzall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawzall View Post
A quick fix for the snare drum in the bunk ceiling, located whatever was rattling with a metal detector, drilled a 1/4in hole above it, got some expanding foam, put a bend on end of nozzle, put nozzle in hole and rotated left to right while releasing foam, a small amount of foam came out of hole when I removed nozzle, when it dried I broke it off and hole was invisible, 4000 miles later and still quiet up there.
Yup, I did the same thing a while back and finally drove it last weekend. No noise whatsoever and amazingly difficult to see the holes.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #184
Lost in the Woods

Hey... where did all you 24B people go? It's become really quiet in this thread.

How is everyone enjoying your rigs? Is everything working well? Has it worked out like you hoped?

What the best thing so far... what do you wish you can change?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #185

I am enjoying my 24B except for the many issues that I have experienced so far. I must say, the quality control during manufacturing is lacking. I have had many issues with my plumbing. The fresh water fill leaked in the wall, the fresh water connections on my toilet and bathroom sink were loose, causing leaks, my shower door track was not sealed properly, causing water to spill out onto the floor, my shower head came loose twice, and the biggest plumbing issue has been the shower trap broke causing a large amount of water to leak onto the floor which has caused damage to the base of the vanity as well as the wall adjacent to my toilet. This breakage was a result of them cutting such a huge hole in the sub floor beneath the shower, that there was no support for the shower right beneath the drain which caused it to flex and eventually break the trap. The hole they cut in the plywood sub floor only needed to be big enough for the drain and connection to the trap, but it is massive, and left no support. The floor plan is great, the space is great, the inside storage is great, the towing capacity is great, but I wish I had more outside storage. Also getting to the bedroom closet requires opening the slide. Other than that, we love our coach. I just wish that they had hired a responsible person to do the plumbing in it.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #186
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork in the road View Post
and the biggest plumbing issue has been the shower trap broke causing a large amount of water to leak onto the floor which has caused damage to the base of the vanity as well as the wall adjacent to my toilet. This breakage was a result of them cutting such a huge hole in the sub floor beneath the shower, that there was no support for the shower right beneath the drain which caused it to flex and eventually break the trap. The hole they cut in the plywood sub floor only needed to be big enough for the drain and connection to the trap, but it is massive, and left no support.
Ahhh, I had the same exact issue and leak in my shower. The drain fitting broke due to the flexing of the shower pan. I ended up cutting a larger access hole, addind more plywood, adding 3 new support blocks, and cut out and replaced the damaged pipe and fittings.

I sent a note to Jayco, along with pictures, and asked for some of the wall covering material, so I could cover the bigger access plate I had to make. They blew me off, even though I fixed their screw up.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #187

I am going to try to get some trim pieces from my local dealer to try and hide the damage on the bottom of my wall.It is a shame that the quality of the Jayco products seems to have gone downhill over the years. I had many other issues as well. Thank goodness for the two year warranty.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #188

I'm cool with most everything. The outside storage is terribly lacking, bubbles in my lap sealant (which are beginning to pop and may or may not cause a problem if I don't fix them), the slide is giving me major issues and is now unusable, and my favorite design flaw of all.....sticking the fresh water tank inches from the generator so that I can have scalding hot "cold" water. Unless I want to crawl under and plug a fan in and blow the genny exhaust heat away.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #189
Lost in the Woods

Jayco Redhawk 24B. Just bought hours. 2020 Model. Looking for an answer how to swivel the seats to face to the rear. I pull out the release and it slides left or right but can't get it to swivel. Dealer can't tell me either (yes that is true). Looked on YouTube and the Jayco site but no luck. Can anyone help me out with a how to. Heading on our first trip in a few days.
texasboy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #190
Lost in the Woods

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to add a privacy screen to the front window of the Jayco Redhawk 24B. Read some post that when you swivel the seats the front cover they provide does not cover adequately. We also want to change the cheap white window pull downs to black out curtains.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #191
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy53 View Post
Jayco Redhawk 24B. Just bought hours. 2020 Model. Looking for an answer how to swivel the seats to face to the rear. I pull out the release and it slides left or right but can't get it to swivel. Dealer can't tell me either (yes that is true). Looked on YouTube and the Jayco site but no luck. Can anyone help me out with a how to. Heading on our first trip in a few days.
The swivels are really tight when new. If you're able to pull the yellow handle, and the seat moves towards the center, that's a first good step. I also adjust the backrest all the way up to allow for the spin. Also, sometimes you need to slide the seat forward/back to give it clearance to spin. Once you get the seat to move towards the center, just give it a hard spin, it should turn.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:26 AM   #192
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to add a privacy screen to the front window of the Jayco Redhawk 24B. Read some post that when you swivel the seats the front cover they provide does not cover adequately. We also want to change the cheap white window pull downs to black out curtains.
Two options... first, you can go with a Sunshade with separate side window coverings, that wrap the inside of the windshield.

I went with a two piece cab curtain, one that is similar to what's used on a 18 wheeler. It attaches to the visors, and hangs across the dashboard. It completely darkens the front as well as gives complete privacy.

That curtain that Jayco gives, that goes behind the front seats, is a joke.

https://www.roadprobrands.com/produc...tain-dark-blue
https://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPCCD.../dp/B001JSYGS4
Old 07-08-2020, 11:46 AM   #193
Lost in the Woods

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
The swivels are really tight when new. If you're able to pull the yellow handle, and the seat moves towards the center, that's a first good step. I also adjust the backrest all the way up to allow for the spin. Also, sometimes you need to slide the seat forward/back to give it clearance to spin. Once you get the seat to move towards the center, just give it a hard spin, it should turn.
Thanks It took two us us to get the passenger seat to move. Driver was much easier. Maybe after a few times it will get easier. Thanks so much.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #194
Lost in the Woods

Thanks again. You have been a big help is such a short period of time.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #195
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Thanks again. You have been a big help is such a short period of time.
No problem.... I'm sure you'll have some new issues in the future.... ask me how I know...
Old 07-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #196
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Thanks It took two us us to get the passenger seat to move. Driver was much easier. Maybe after a few times it will get easier. Thanks so much.
It will loosen up the more you use/swivel it.

These swivel seats are one of the best upgrades in this shorter rig, since it doesn't have a sofa. The two front seats give the extra seating, if needed.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:06 AM   #197

Deal was right, new owner of 2020 Redhawk 24B

I've had the pleasure of reading all of the posts and appreciate everyone's knowledge! Starting a short shakedown cruise in the morning. My unit has the self leveling option and I am looking forward to testing that option along with all of the other equipment. I don't know enough to ask nor do I have any issues (at this time) to discuss much. But concerning the slide and leveling, do you recommend leveling and then opening the slide or does it hurt to open the slide and then level? Thanks all in advance for your time and response.
libslowmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:26 AM   #198
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by libslowmo1 View Post
But concerning the slide and leveling, do you recommend leveling and then opening the slide or does it hurt to open the slide and then level? Thanks all in advance for your time and response.
I was wondering if the deal came through.... Congratulations!! Great choice... Have fun..

Regarding leveling and the big slide, that big slide has always been a concern of mine. I always level first, then bring the slide out. No sense putting any additional strain on the motors/tracks making it run up hill. I don't have the auto levelers, so I use lego blocks on the wheels.

What I've learned is that I have to level the driver's side a bit high, then when the slide comes out, it puts such a cantilever effect on the chassis, the rig will drop by an inch or two on that side with the weight of the slide.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #199

I will update the slide problems here. Supposedly my only issue is that the slide was out of timing and needed to be re-timed. I had them show me how to perform this. I am not convinced because I have ALWAYS held the switch in/out until it stopped making all noises. However now it does open without the Left side dragging behind now so who knows. Probably came from the factory out of sync.

I experienced some terrible crashing noises which I have discovered are from the slide extending too far out so that the plastic tracks came off of the back side of the inside rollers under the bed. As the slide retracts the tracks have to jump over the rollers, rocking the rollers assembly forward and nearly ripping them out of the wood. Not to mention they were offset over 1/2 " and not aligned correctly. I propped the slide up a hair and moved both rollers over and back to correct this problem. You might want to look under your bed and watch the slide in action on your own rigs.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:43 PM   #200
Lost in the Woods

Mike, thanks for posting that heads-up on the rollers. Definitely something to check. Like I said above, that big slide has always been a concern of mine. So far, my slide tracking in sync, and not making much noise. I keep lubricating all the tracks and slides, and always try to keep the rig level before running the slide.

Fingers crossed....