Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #1

Auto retracting stairs

We have an odd situation. Our 2018 Greyhawk has been in repair having a new roof installed. When we went to pick it up yesterday, we noticed that when we start the engine the stairs deploy. With the engine off, the stirs work as they should each time the door is opened. When you close the door, the stairs retract. If you turn the engine on the steps deploy — turn engine off, stairs retract. Once, when the engine is started the stairs deployed and while we were standing there talking with the service personnel (about 15 minutes), the stairs retracted as they should.

They are going to replace the stair controller.

Oh, another issue is the keyless door lock does not work — nothing — the keypad lights don’t even light up.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
We have an odd situation. Our 2018 Greyhawk has been in repair having a new roof installed. When we went to pick it up yesterday, we noticed that when we start the engine the stairs deploy. With the engine off, the stirs work as they should each time the door is opened. When you close the door, the stairs retract. If you turn the engine on the steps deploy — turn engine off, stairs retract. Once, when the engine is started the stairs deployed and while we were standing there talking with the service personnel (about 15 minutes), the stairs retracted as they should.

They are going to replace the stair controller.

Oh, another issue is the keyless door lock does not work — nothing — the keypad lights don’t even light up.
Sorry to hear about your stairs but probably a bad controller. I have a 2018 GH 31fs and my roof has hairline fractures. Some are severe and some barely noticeable. Just curious as to why you are having yours replaced and I'm assuming it's fiberglass like mine. Jayco is aware of my problem and waiting for approval to fix or replace based on inspection.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
Sorry to hear about your stairs but probably a bad controller. I have a 2018 GH 31fs and my roof has hairline fractures. Some are severe and some barely noticeable. Just curious as to why you are having yours replaced and I'm assuming it's fiberglass like mine. Jayco is aware of my problem and waiting for approval to fix or replace based on inspection.
We had an unfortunate encounter with a pecan tree limb which torn the roof along the side in the driver’s side. The entire roof had to be replaced.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyless door lock, stairs