Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2020, 02:42 PM   #1

Backup Camera Disappeared

I have a 2018 Jayco ME28 class C with the Fusion/Garmin RV-BBT600 stereo with integrated cameras. It's been working great until last night. I put it in reverse and get "No backup camera detected" message. Side cameras continue to work fine. I jumped out and indeed, my camera is still in the integrated brake light above the slide so it's not gone anywhere. I double checked the setup in the head/stereo unit and can't find a menu regarding the cameras.

Any thoughts about how I would trouble shoot this or anyone else experience this challenge?

Thanks in advance...
Fmaylett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #2

Loose wire seems like a good start. Somehow it isn't getting a signal.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #3

If you can't find any loose wires, it may be a software related issue or a setting inadvertently changed. I have had great luck with any issue I have ecountered with the unit by calling the techs at the Garmin RV hotline: 1-800-253-5081. Good luck.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #4

I have a 2019 Greyhawk 29MVP and my left camera quit displaying on the screen without notice. "No input detected". I also had a problem of the park brake light staying lit and the system chiming every few minutes about the park brake until it would just give up after 5 minutes. I was frustrated and not sure what to do. I was futzing around in the Hawk one day and decided to remove the dog house to look at the back side of the motor. No idea what the hell I was doing, but figured I should know every square inch of my rig. When trying to put the dog house back on, the kick panel under my steering wheel came off.

Well, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a mess full of wires and connections; oh dear! Lo and behold, there were video connections right there under the steering wheel. I disconnected and reconnected each video connection ---- and guess what?? The left camera started working! I was delighted!

Fast forward to a week later when I took the Hawk out for a maintenance run, and guess what????? The Park Brake light goes off when I release the brake - just like it should! I must have jiggled the right wire under there.

No guarantees, but take that kick panel off - it just snaps on -- and check all your connections. It could be a simple fix.
Ripwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:12 AM   #5

Also look for the fuse under the steering column area. It is 5 amp and if it blows campers quit working. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #6
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmaylett View Post
I have a 2018 Jayco ME28 class C with the Fusion/Garmin RV-BBT600 stereo with integrated cameras. It's been working great until last night. I put it in reverse and get "No backup camera detected" message. Side cameras continue to work fine. I jumped out and indeed, my camera is still in the integrated brake light above the slide so it's not gone anywhere. I double checked the setup in the head/stereo unit and can't find a menu regarding the cameras.

Any thoughts about how I would trouble shoot this or anyone else experience this challenge?

Thanks in advance...

I brought this back to life to see if anything news might have come up.

On the way back to the furnace (Phoenix) today I brought up the rearview camera on the RV-BBT600 to check on the toad. The camera came on for about 10 seconds and the gave me the same "No backup camera detected". I was also unable to bring up the left or right cameras by turning the turn signals on. My first suspicion is a fuse but wondered if anyone found anything else with this issue.

Thanks.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:31 AM   #7

If all cameras out it could be the fuse under the steering wheel area. Mine went out which also caused the levelers to loose power. Problem solved by replacing fuse located in mess of wires under kick plate below steering wheel. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2020 View Post
If all cameras out it could be the fuse under the steering wheel area. Mine went out which also caused the levelers to loose power. Problem solved by replacing fuse located in mess of wires under kick plate below steering wheel. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
So what do u do, o ce u have replqced that fuse only to sit and watch it burn out right in front of ur eyes? Ive now gone thru a hand full of damn fuses and cannot figure out what the issue is? 5 amp, up to 15 amp all fried after turning on the rv, and running thru the cameras 1 at a time.... Poof time and time again
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:35 PM   #9
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b View Post
So what do u do, o ce u have replqced that fuse only to sit and watch it burn out right in front of ur eyes? Ive now gone thru a hand full of damn fuses and cannot figure out what the issue is? 5 amp, up to 15 amp all fried after turning on the rv, and running thru the cameras 1 at a time.... Poof time and time again

Check the wiring. I was told by the service manager that they have had several Jaycos where the wiring to the cameras was pinched by the emergency brake. Jayco does some shixxx wiring related to the door mirrors and the radio/camera system. Prior to the camera issue, I had the driver's side mirror stop obeying commands to raise or move right. It turned out to be the main harness running from the driver's side door and mirror panel was pinched behind the dash. It had to be completely rewired.

The Jayco installed wiring for the mirrors and radio looked like an explosion in a spaghetti factory. Careless and unprofessional.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Check the wiring. I was told by the service manager that they have had several Jaycos where the wiring to the cameras was pinched by the emergency brake. Jayco does some shixxx wiring related to the door mirrors and the radio/camera system. Prior to the camera issue, I had the driver's side mirror stop obeying commands to raise or move right. It turned out to be the main harness running from the driver's side door and mirror panel was pinched behind the dash. It had to be completely rewired.

The Jayco installed wiring for the mirrors and radio looked like an explosion in a spaghetti factory. Careless and unprofessional.
If i cant get these dang cameras to stay on i will have to take this in

somehow this fuze under the steering wheel (there are 2, 1 ea. 5 amp & a 3 amp gives power the auto levelers as well which is odd
Because ,the one under the chassis near the leveler is fine and is a 15 amp.... I wouldnt think there would be 3 dang fuses associated with the systems but there are.... Doesnt make sense

I am trying to get all ground terminals redone which is also dang near impossible.....

but yes spaghetti factory at its finest....
Old 09-19-2020, 05:33 PM   #11

Still nada as soon as i started the Vehichle the fuse burned out..... Over load or something possibly somewhere?