Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #1

Banging in curved wall.

2021 Redhawks 29XK. Banging noise in the curved wall above the cab. It was doing it the day we drove it off the lot. Then it quit for awhile. Now it is back. Have an appt. with RV One of Des Moines, in August.
I'm concerned that it will not look new, after they fix it.
Is there any way to talk to Jayco about problems with their product, and not just the dealer?
Redhawk 22C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk 22C View Post
Is there any way to talk to Jayco about problems with their product, and not just the dealer?

Ask Jayco for authorized repair centers around you. See if there's a small, or independent Mobile Tech that'll work.

You can always drive the RV back to Jayco in Indiana...
Old 06-18-2021, 02:06 PM   #3

Quote:
2021 Redhawks 29XK. Banging noise in the curved wall above the cab. It was doing it the day we drove it off the lot. Then it quit for awhile. Now it is back. Have an appt. with RV One of Des Moines, in August.
Customer Service (800) 283-8267
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #4

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #5

Thank you.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:42 PM   #6

Read the 65 mph drone and loud banging in cabover thread. I would not advise taking it in to be serviced. I snaked a camera in the void and found that drilling an squirting foam is an easy and permanent fix. I had to drill about 5-6 holes and you cannot see where they are I promise. The foam is close enough in color. My dealer said that they would likely be putting screws in the ceiling. Good luck blindly anchoring sheet metal screws into those aluminum and wood braces without butchering and deforming the cabover ceiling. Trust me just find the contact spots and squirt the least expanding foam you can buy in there and you are good. No ceiling deformation or hardware to look at.

Sorry I was rushed, I see you have already seen the other thread.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #7

Drmike961, I feel confident that I could fix it myself. The problem i have is it is still under warranty. I called Jayco customer service and they assured me that it will look as good as new, when done.
I will talk to the service department at RV One about how they plan to repair it. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:57 PM   #8

DrMike, how much space is there between the inner and outer panel?
Chute Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute Flyer View Post
DrMike, how much space is there between the inner and outer panel?

If you mean between the ceiling and the fiberglass I am not sure. The camera does not really give a 3D picture. I fed it through the interior ceiling lights and it was tight there. I would guess between 3-6 inches throughout the curve??
Old 06-25-2021, 06:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Redhawk22C, I have a Melbourne 24L. Our cab over ceiling would rattle when driving, especially driving on rough road surfaces (drove me crazy). I pulled one of the LED light fixtures up in the cab area and noticed wiring from the left light fixture to the right light fixture was rattling around in the cavity. So I purchased some pipe insulation from Home Depot (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...1812/204760805) and gently threaded it into the light fixture opening in between the inner ceiling structure and the outer shell. I inserted all 6 ft of the pipe insulation between the two LED light fixtures. Viola, no more rattling. Don’t know if this is your particular issue, but I hope this helps.
rockymountainRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #11

If anyone is confident that they could fix something on their own, they should. Unless it’s something you can not do, then I would go to a dealer, warranty or no warranty! Try and get reimbursed for the part, or have them send you one. I’ve do so a few times.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:04 PM   #12

Quote:
I had that noise on my 2020 Greyhawk 31F. I’m not sure if your Redhawk has it but ours has a wood frame storage with netting between the pad and the curved wall. You can shove rags or foam in between and that might solve the issue. After I found out it worked, I replaced the rags with a swimming pool noodle made out of foam.
Glenns is offline   Reply With Quote