Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #1

Question BR TV 2015 Greyhawk 31DS

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have the same problem, with their bedroom TV's? When we lie down on the bed we can't see the TV screen. The TV can't tip down to an angle where we can watch it. Is there a mod or perhaps another bracket that can be found or made? Thanks in advance for any help.
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #2

I have the same issue in my 2014 Seneca 37TS, I saw another string (somewhere) where poster modified his setup by installing a full-motion bracket allowing the TV to move out from the cabinet (and more towards the center of the bed) and also angle down for better viewing. The bracket was recessed into the door so that the TV lies outside of the door instead of behind it as it comes from the factory. He had installed a quick-release strap to hold it against the door when not in use. I plan to do the same, anticipating I will need to augment the hinges and cabinet door latch to hold everything together when the TV is deployed outward. Cabinet will still be usable when I am done, since I will be trading the (now) inside mounted TV for a recess in the door so the TV can be mounted outside of the door on the bracket.
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #3

Tv

We had the same issue in our 2015 29mv. I was able to use spacers and longer bolts to get the proper viewing angle. While I was at it, I used some split loom and some eyelets to route and secure the wiring associated with the TV that now makes the compartment much more useable. Good luck.it was an easy fix.
Mnxtrik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #4

Thanks Mnxtrik8er. Did you TV sit flat against the bracket? I was wondering how you used the spacers to make it tip down? Do you have a picture of it?.Thanks
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #5

Tv

Mine originally sat flush with the bracket. I loosened all 4 bolts on the TV, removed the top bolts then installed spacers with longer bolts in the upper holes. The bracket was left alone, only the TV moved. I had to make sure to not go too far with it otherwise the TV contacts the ceiling when it is lifted up. I will be bringing it back home this week to finish the list of things to do and to find a home for all the things from our TT. I'll shoot some pics when I get it back here.
Mnxtrik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnxtrik8r View Post
We had the same issue in our 2015 29mv. I was able to use spacers and longer bolts to get the proper viewing angle. While I was at it, I used some split loom and some eyelets to route and secure the wiring associated with the TV that now makes the compartment much more useable. Good luck.it was an easy fix.
Yup, that was me complaining about having to stand on the rear bed to watch TV. I'm actually in the process of doing what Mnxtrik8r did. What I did do was set the "Personal settings" all the way to max so as not to get the black shadow image.

I took the RV to the dealer and he said that there was no fix other then putting spacers in the back of the TV. I complained to Jayco but no response.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:18 AM   #7

Here is my post from earlier
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...unt-23612.html
Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 AM   #8

I also complained to Jayco about something and they never replied !
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstick8
How exactly did you angle the rear TV? I am having the same shadow issue in my 2013 GH 31FS.

As you know Fish, you can take off the TV and mount them outside. But it's a real hassle. In response to your question.... The screws currently holding the TV in the BR are 1 inch screws. I went to Home Depot and bought some 2 inch (same type) and 3 bags of washers and put 30 on the top 2 screws each and 15 on the bottom. For me, this was enough to lay in the bed and see it perfectly. I used tape to hold the screws in place just to keep them together while sliding them onto the screws.

That's it !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote