Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2020, 05:12 PM   #1

Cameras went out.... All 3? Wierd

Can anyone tell me which fuses, and where they may be, that controll the cameras?

We have a 2018 29mv, wnd just bought it. The wife said when she picked it up, everything worked fine, and hit some horrible bumpy roads driving thru utah, and when she got to the next koa the cameras no longer worked....

I crawled around under it today looking for any broken or stripped grounds, found 1 right under where the steps are mounted but couldnt for the life of me get the threaded portion to turn out,

I still need to see which fuses run the cameras as they say on the gps they are not connected now?

Thanks for any assistance
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #2
CAG

Is your system the Garmin BBT-600/601? If so mine went out and gave me a "no rear camera detected" message. All cameras were out. I was told that it could be the fuse behind the unit but when I had the RV in for other work I asked them to troubleshoot the camera. They found power to everything and the camera electronics working. They called Jayco who said they thought the head unit was the problem. I do get radio/GPS etc but the cameras are FUBAR. I am going to replace the entire head unit.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Is your system the Garmin BBT-600/601? If so mine went out and gave me a "no rear camera detected" message. All cameras were out. I was told that it could be the fuse behind the unit but when I had the RV in for other work I asked them to troubleshoot the camera. They found power to everything and the camera electronics working. They called Jayco who said they thought the head unit was the problem. I do get radio/GPS etc but the cameras are FUBAR. I am going to replace the entire head unit.
Well great, yes i do believe it is the finicky hard to use garmon, great so perhaps a fuse?

Ill have the wife call the warranty department to see if we have any warranty left, if so ill ask if we pay the difference if they will allow us to upgrade to a kenwood deck or something similar

Appreciate the reply
Old 09-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #4
CAG

Kenwood uses Garmin which I prefer as a GPS simply because you know the company is not going away since they do car, aircraft and watercraft GPS. The Service Manager where I had this checked out said that Jayco put the cheepo stuff in so the unit itself is not Garmin but the software on it is.

I have not decided what I will replace it with yet. I like Kenwood but think Alpine is better (have it in the Jeep) and really the only thing that head unit needs to do is control the cameras, and work with Apple play. Everything else is on my phone including SiriusXM.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Kenwood uses Garmin which I prefer as a GPS simply because you know the company is not going away since they do car, aircraft and watercraft GPS. The Service Manager where I had this checked out said that Jayco put the cheepo stuff in so the unit itself is not Garmin but the software on it is.

I have not decided what I will replace it with yet. I like Kenwood but think Alpine is better (have it in the Jeep) and really the only thing that head unit needs to do is control the cameras, and work with Apple play. Everything else is on my phone including SiriusXM.
Yeah ive got an android wife has iphone, so i 2ant something that does both, kenwood is nice id prefer alpine as well but ill see if perhaps updating this thing might help first and put money into it elsewhere
Old 09-18-2020, 07:15 AM   #6

On our 2020 the cameras and leveling jacks went out during a trip. They share a common fuse that is located under the steering wheel. Remove the lower panel by your knees and look for an inline fuse, mine was in a red holder, that is blown. I now Carry spare fuses but it has never failed again. Good luck.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2020 View Post
On our 2020 the cameras and leveling jacks went out during a trip. They share a common fuse that is located under the steering wheel. Remove the lower panel by your knees and look for an inline fuse, mine was in a red holder, that is blown. I now Carry spare fuses but it has never failed again. Good luck.

Enjoy the journey
Oh awesome thanks so much!! Ill be checking all wires and fuses tomorrow and this hopefully just saved me a bunch of time

Appreciate it
Old 09-19-2020, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2020 View Post

Enjoy the journey
THANK YOU!!!! 2 FUSES under lower panel, 1 was tucked way back and somehow it blew..... Cameras are back!!!

Now to fix this wire jumble and move on to ground reconnects

Ill take a look at the auto levelers when i get the wires re situated and see if that fuse helped those as well
Old 09-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #9

Well something is definitely wrong..... Replaced fuse, rearranged some wires under the plastic shroud and started the rv, and fuse blew

New fuse, restarted rv, put it into gear and it blew again.......
Old 07-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #10

Jayco garmin back up camera fuse

Everyone says there is a fuse where and what does it look like? Photo?? I have non blown in panel under steering or panel under seat where is the inline fuse? I get no 12 v power to the camera on back of camper...test with meter..any help would be appreciated.. everything works except camera just disappeared..? 2018 jayco melborne sprinter diesel garmin rv bbt 601 thx...
Paintedspurranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #11
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b View Post
Well something is definitely wrong..... Replaced fuse, rearranged some wires under the plastic shroud and started the rv, and fuse blew

New fuse, restarted rv, put it into gear and it blew again.......

Check the wiring running over/behind the emergency brake. Jayco is famous for running the cable/wiring for the mirrors and radio/camera in a location where the emergency brake, when activated, will pinch the wire. Mine was that way and a number of others have posted about having pinched wires.

I should add that once pinched it will continue to short out.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:24 AM   #12

I just fixed same issue. Try this, last post with pictures.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...24b-88964.html
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #13

On my 2021 26XD that inline fuse in a red holder under the steering wheel powers the backup camera, the leveling panel, and the TV outlet relay (disables TV when ignition is on). The fuse receives power only when the ignition is on because these three items only work with the ignition on. It may also power the steps since they must work anytime the ignition is on even if the step switch is off (don't want to drive down the street with your step extended).
4CPMLHP is offline   Reply With Quote