Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2022, 10:22 PM   #21

We bought a 2013 Jayco 31DS used in 2015. There was not much available in the market at the time. Have driven it border to border about 4 times in the west coast and coast to coast in 2017. We have enjoyed this RV. I would buy it again. Had a few screwball problems, one concerning the heating system temperature control. But, I found a Jayco modification on line, had it installed, and it solved the problem. Had to replace the generator fuel pump. It took a while to figure out that was causing intermittent operation. Other than these two problems, it has been a good purchase. I intend to keep it a long time. Took it from Virginia to Maine last summer. Nice trip.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:01 AM   #22

Consider buying a Jayco C class

I have an Alante A class and have owned other RVs( more expensive ones). My advice is obtain a good tool box and find an independent RV repair facility. My 2017 only had 3500 miles on it( don’t know why the owner sold it). It was really in” like new condition). I spent 6 hours inspecting and listing everything(I used the Jayco forum inspection list…suggests 3 hours just on exterior). I did find that Jayco had an engineering problem with my 4000 watt generator. It overheated and died in temperatures above 90. The solution was installing a vent through the compartment door at the “air intake”. Jayco changed the design after 2017 but sold me the ventilated panel. Just expect some problems with your rig and the Jayco forum will help you. Good luck
Captnjimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #23

We have a 2009 Grayhawk. Love it except not enough outlets
Jkostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:49 AM   #24

Have a Seneca 35,GS bought a few years ago. Like all RVs, things to fix, but overall think it is a good motorhome. Really like the turning radius. Has power to tow our race trailer. Even though a salesman tried to convince me nothing has changed,I think once Thor bought them quality has gone down by all problems I see on here.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:06 PM   #25

2017 Melbourne 24L

We just purchased ours in Nov. 2021, its has 18000 miles on it. I would say it has a great floor plan. It seems to be built pretty well. There is a couple things we changed already. The mattress that folds is not comfortable at all. I purchase a Sleepys 10" Foam mattress from Mattress Firm. We just roll it up and put a strap around it when we travel and when we have the slide out we just pull the strap off and let it sit flat. Works good! I changed out the cheap toilet for a Thetford Aqau Magic Style plus with a sprayer. The 3.0 Mecedes Diesel is awesome. 14 MPG. Outside storage is limited! I would buy again!
72buickgsconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 02:33 PM   #26

I know I will buy another rig after this one, maybe even a Jayco, except not new, I will buy a used one, and find a great mechanic. Getting what you are owed out of those warranties is a pain in the butt and not worth it when your rig might be sitting in service for weeks, after you waited weeks for the appt. And even if you are willing to pay cash to have any problems fixed, no shop will touch your new baby. I would advise what others on this forum have, and that's learn to get handy!

Thanks to Jayco Owners Forum, I have found allot of info on things I will likely have to do myself if I don't want to sit around on down time waiting like a damsel in distress.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:24 PM   #27

I'm the exact opposite. I would never by used; in my eyes nobody will take care of it like I would. So, given the state of RV construction in general as it is, I wouldn't take somebody's poor stewardship on top of that.

That's just me though; plenty have had success in used. Knowing how things roll for me, I likely would not be one of them.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I'm the exact opposite. I would never by used; in my eyes nobody will take care of it like I would. So, given the state of RV construction in general as it is, I wouldn't take somebody's poor stewardship on top of that.

That's just me though; plenty have had success in used. Knowing how things roll for me, I likely would not be one of them.
Well that's where a professional RV inspection would help out allot. I think it does depend on how often you take your rig out also.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote