Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #1

Entegra Oddyssey 24B Components

Hello and Merry Christmas to all!

My wife and I just took delivery of a 24B. The document package was quite lacking so I have been tracking down all the various components to print out the associated owners manuals. There are 2 key items that I just cannot find and any help locating these would be greatly appreciated.

1 - the Power Gear above floor slide drive motor(s)

2 - the factory installed Go Power solar controller

There is a GP-RVC-R solar controller remote mounted by the steps, the wire to the controller disappears into a bundle of cables. I want to wire in additional portable solar panels.

I have found, photographed and identified most of the other components if other 24B owners have questions.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #2

If you already have a solar panel you might be able to add (in parallel or series) to the existing setup on the roof. I don't know how heavy the wires are but these come with a 190 panel so you could likely double that without having to run new wire from the roof. Don't know about the power gear. You can probably just go to the "Go Power Solar" website as it's their equipment. https://gpelectric.com
Old 12-17-2021, 06:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
If you already have a solar panel you might be able to add (in parallel or series) to the existing setup on the roof. I don't know how heavy the wires are but these come with a 190 panel so you could likely double that without having to run new wire from the roof. Don't know about the power gear. You can probably just go to the "Go Power Solar" website as it's their equipment. https://gpelectric.com
Thank you for the response however my question is:

Where did they install the solar controller? I cannot find it.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:00 PM   #4

I have located the slide motors. The docs I got included the manual for Power Gear above floor drive but the unit actually uses a Schwintek in wall system (now LCI).
Old 12-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #5

I was thinking you had a rig with a panel on the roof. If you do my understanding was that the solar controller was in the front storage bay on the passenger side. I saw someone that had a late 21 model. Mine was an early 2021 Melbourne Prestige with no panel or controller. Mine was “pre-wired” and I found the wires behind a cover in that same bay. One set of wires goes to the roof to go to panels. The other set goes to the battery. I put in a Victron controller and am using a portable panel suitcase. I will install a couple of permanent panels on the roof soon. So maybe that’s your setup too. Just the wiring.
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
I was thinking you had a rig with a panel on the roof. If you do my understanding was that the solar controller was in the front storage bay on the passenger side. I saw someone that had a late 21 model. Mine was an early 2021 Melbourne Prestige with no panel or controller. Mine was “pre-wired” and I found the wires behind a cover in that same bay. One set of wires goes to the roof to go to panels. The other set goes to the battery. I put in a Victron controller and am using a portable panel suitcase. I will install a couple of permanent panels on the roof soon. So maybe that’s your setup too. Just the wiring.
Yes! You are correct! Mine came with 190W roof panel, 30A MPPT and remote for the controller in the coach. I have 2 100W portable panels I plan to use in parallel with the 190W. The Voc of the 100W panels are 10% lower than the 190W.

Thank you!