Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #1

Entegra odyssey vs jayco redhawk/greyhawk quality and warranty?

How is Entegra odyssey quality and warranty vs Jayco redhawk/greyhawk?

1. overall quality
2. driving
3. warranty and support

Entegra belongs to Jayco, and they have the same floorplans. e.g. 24B, 25R, etc. But Entegra odyssey looks nicer than Jayco redhawk/greyhawk due to the front cap windshield.

Concerns:

Entegra has only 2 year experience in making class c motorhome, and no one knows its long-term quality such as falling apart after 5-10 years.

How is Entegra warranty? can you get it serviced/repaired in a shop in another state and get reimbursed? Does it have the same warranty/support as Jayco?

What do you think? thanks.
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

Entegra is Jayco

My understanding is they where designed solely for La Mesa RV to sell

I love my 25r. I checked out both and the Entegra had a few nicer finished in my opinion

Plus I got mine at a RV show and git a lost leader advertisement one for $10k less

They are Jayco so all warranty apply
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
Entegra has only 2 year experience in making class c motorhome, and no one knows its long-term quality such as falling apart after 5-10 years.
They all come out of the same plant....
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #4

As far as I can tell and after the endless hours of research, an Odyssey is between a Redhawk and Greyhawk and the Esteem is between the greyhawk and prestige. Yes the odyssey has the windshield, outdoor tv and porcelain toilet, but that’s about the limit of its upgrades. It also has the crappy shades, the accordion doors, no two AC option, no standard leveling jacks and the crappy exterior doors. So it is a slightly upgraded Redhawk. Now the esteem does a descent job at matching the greyhawk with the added solid surface countertops.

Hope that helps
JayFlightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #5

Not sure about the class c but the 2020 Entegra Accolade Super C has one additional year on the structural warranty over the 2020 Jayco Seneca Super C. There are also differences in the paint colors and graphics as well as the interior colors. Otherwise, they are the same motorhomes under different names that can be sold by competing dealers next door to each other.

The warranty is Jayco and any Jayco dealer can perform the warranty repair. As to repair in another state you will need to find a dealer that will service units they did not sell.

We have an Entegra Accolade which has a one year shorter life span than the class c Entegras.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #6

My Entegra 25r has leveling jack's standard

Least everyone I looked at did
Old 11-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #7

What drew me to the Odyssey was the two year warranty and the large front window. I saw the Greyhawk at Camping World...was honestly unimpressed with that company. I understand the Prestige has the front window but only say the Greyhawk. Came with the auto levelers, which I love. Only thing I wish I was smart enough at the time to add as part of the deal was slide toppers, but I was totally new to this.

Aside from a PITA tire valve issue, the family loves it!
Old 11-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
What drew me to the Odyssey was the two year warranty and the large front window. I saw the Greyhawk at Camping World...was honestly unimpressed with that company. I understand the Prestige has the front window but only say the Greyhawk. Came with the auto levelers, which I love. Only thing I wish I was smart enough at the time to add as part of the deal was slide toppers, but I was totally new to this.

Aside from a PITA tire valve issue, the family loves it!
It seems that slide topper is now standard on Odyssey. What is the tire valve issue? Has it been fixed in new 2021 model? thanks.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavman View Post
My Entegra 25r has leveling jack's standard

Least everyone I looked at did
There is one post talking about the tail swing of Entegra odyssey 25R while driving on road. How is your Entegra 25R driving on road? smooth? stable? any suspension upgrade needed for smooth driving?

Entegra odyssey 25R has a corner bed. Do you have enough space to get out of the bed, not affecting the other one sleeping? thanks.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #10

Quote:
It seems that slide topper is now standard on Odyssey. What is the tire valve issue? Has it been fixed in new 2021 model? thanks.
It’s really a Ford issue more so than Entegra. I had a bent valve when I first bought the unit, and now I have a slow leak likely from the same tire even though that was fixed. I had to put an extension in the valve for the TPMS. I went to fill it this weekend and took it off to check and it was blowing air. Gotta take it soon to a tire place, it seems.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #11

Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFlightMike View Post
As far as I can tell and after the endless hours of research, an Odyssey is between a Redhawk and Greyhawk and the Esteem is between the greyhawk and prestige. Yes the odyssey has the windshield, outdoor tv and porcelain toilet, but that’s about the limit of its upgrades. It also has the crappy shades, the accordion doors, no two AC option, no standard leveling jacks and the crappy exterior doors. So it is a slightly upgraded Redhawk. Now the esteem does a descent job at matching the greyhawk with the added solid surface countertops.

Hope that helps
I have a 2019 Odyssey and it has “solid” doors...but no outdoor TV. With the doors located on both sides of the bunks/bathroom, you can pretty much have it set up as 3 separate rooms, which is sweet as I sometimes need to take a call and can let the family watch TV in the front while I sit in the bedroom.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:51 PM   #12

Quote:
There is one post talking about the tail swing of Entegra odyssey 25R while driving on road. How is your Entegra 25R driving on road? smooth? stable? any suspension upgrade needed for smooth driving?

Entegra odyssey 25R has a corner bed. Do you have enough space to get out of the bed, not affecting the other one sleeping? thanks.
Never had real tail swing,but I pull a toad most the time too

Only issue I ever had was near corpus christi...some nast winds, construction road, and semi's...lol..white nuckles for sure
But it seems very stable to me.
I'm in arizona so lots of winds up north and it does great

I'm used to the bed, my trailer was way worse. So I have no issues with it. I liked the dead body storage under the bed outside and the outdoor kitchen and TV, so the bed is a minor issue for me

Mine has standard slide toppers and levelers

Really love mine and I looked at and walked thru like 7 brands and probably 20 different models
Old 11-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #13

They are all the same. Except for some upgrades. Fiberglass roof, leveling system, shocks etc..

Don’t be fooled by the J Ride & J ride plus marketing ploys, are they better?, yes, everything helps, but depending on size, (over 20-24 feet, they all suffer from tail swing. Add a track bar and it will greatly improve “the tail wagging the dog” issue. The E chassis will always handle better than the F, I can’t speak for super C but my guess is they handle the best, especially for their large CCC.

Speaking of CCC, if you don’t get at least 2,500, (thats including a full tank of water), you might regret it!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote