Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #1

Entegra Qwest 24R LFP Upgrade

Hello Group,

I am in process of upgrading my House batteries to Lithium. However, I am reading that I will need to install a DC to DC charger to protect the sprinter alternator. Now I am trying to locate the wires the go from the House batteries to the Sprinter batteries. I came across this component in the house battery compartment and am wondering if this is the positive lead to the Sprinter battery. It has been very frustrating to try to track any wires down on this MH. Any help is appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
20210212_170239.jpg  
JerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #2

That looks like the auto reset circuit breaker for the INVERTER
Old 02-14-2021, 01:59 PM   #3

That is a great find. Thank you. I want to decommission the 1,000 w inverter that came with the unit and have not been able to trace the wires. I was looking for wires to go toward the front of the from the inverter. Instead the wires are going to the back of the coach, that really confused me.
JerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:27 PM   #4

Jerry, Not sure if you got the CB identified, but in our Qwest 24T, I think this is for the autoleveling system, not the Inverter - our coach had the inverter replaced with an after market inverter and it gets power from the main feed to the distribution panel.
Gravytrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #5

I am on this same mission with my Melbourne Prestige (MB Sprinter chassis). I believe most of the switches that connect the alternator to the coach are on the firewall on most rigs. However on my rig I believe this switch is under the passenger seat. One very thick wire comes into the switch and one goes back towards the coach. I was so busy with other pieces of the project that putting in the dc to dc to converter is my last piece. Here's a picture of what I think is the right switch - hard to get decent pictures under there.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9151snall.jpg   IMG_9153small.jpg  
Old 12-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #6

On my 2020 Entegra Qwest 24T, I found out that the Alternator DC feed to the batteries was crimped together into a terminal with another heavy gauge wire. I separated this and confirmed which wire was the feed by using a voltmeter to check the disconnected cable with engine off & engine running. I connected this cable to my DC to DC converter (through a 40 Amp fuse) which then connects to the battery. I have emailed Jayco and received some wiring diagrams but not the ones for the main DC power connections - surprisingly, Jayco responded quickly to my inquiry. I did confirm from diagrams they provided that the Inverter power is connected to a terminal stud in the area below the RH bed that is connected to the battery cutoff relay (in battery box) and to the distribution panel that feeds all the fuses. Hope this is helpful - I will share the main DC power details if and when I receive them from Jayco.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:29 PM   #7

Gravytrain - did the wire terminate at a BIM or solenoid of some kind? That's what I think I'm looking at under the passenger seat of the 2021 Melbourne Prestige. And when I get down in that sunny, southern weather I'll get out there with my voltmeter. 3 below here tonight but I'm doing a winter boondocking experiment. I think the batteries will hold out longer than the propane! I have warm quarters to flee too nearby, just in case.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #8

I located the Alternator cable at the coach battery compartment area under the steps, it was crimped with another cable and attached to the terminal post that connects to the battery positive lead.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:33 AM   #9

Thanks - I'll look there first.