Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #1

Equalizer systems for class c

Does anyone have these levelers installed and are you happy with them, any issues? We are thinking of going to the factory in elkhart ndiana for installation...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #2

Have been out of the loop because of travel and just saw your post. We have the Equalizer Smart System which we had installed at the manufacturer in Elkhart two seasons ago while we were in Middlebury taking care of some warranty work at Jayco. They make all the difference in the world - one of the best after-market things we've done to ours. We're pleased with its operation; but the one thing that changed is that we have no safety warning that the levelers are down like there was on the stabilizer jacks they replaced. It's just one more thing to have to remember when we're taking down. We have no idea why that feature was eliminated when they installed the leveling system, and we've never asked. Be sure you ask - it's a huge issue. Wish we hadn't let that one go...we live 2,000 miles from Elkhart; and it's our stupidity that let this happen. Once we accidentally left the jacks down and dragged across the campground a short distance before we realized it! Thank goodness we acted quickly and didn't damage anything.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
Have been out of the loop because of travel and just saw your post. We have the Equalizer Smart System which we had installed at the manufacturer in Elkhart two seasons ago while we were in Middlebury taking care of some warranty work at Jayco. They make all the difference in the world - one of the best after-market things we've done to ours. We're pleased with its operation; but the one thing that changed is that we have no safety warning that the levelers are down like there was on the stabilizer jacks they replaced. It's just one more thing to have to remember when we're taking down. We have no idea why that feature was eliminated when they installed the leveling system, and we've never asked. Be sure you ask - it's a huge issue. Wish we hadn't let that one go...we live 2,000 miles from Elkhart; and it's our stupidity that let this happen. Once we accidentally left the jacks down and dragged across the campground a short distance before we realized it! Thank goodness we acted quickly and didn't damage anything.
If your motorhome is on an MB chassis EQ System's may not have been allowed to tap into the parking brake circuitry to install the safety features. There has been a bunch of posts on other forums about what RV manufacturers can and can not do in regards to the MB chassis.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #4

Does the Greyhawk hyd. Levelers go up automatically when you put transmission in drive ?? .
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #5

One of the reasons we went with Equalizer is that they use screwed on brackets to install the mechanism to the chassis. Mercedes voids the warranty if it's welded on.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Does the Greyhawk hyd. Levelers go up automatically when you put transmission in drive ?? .
Mine will auto-retract if the parking brake is released.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Mine will auto-retract if the parking brake is released.
Once I start my engine mine go up.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #8

Auto Leveling system

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Does anyone have these levelers installed and are you happy with them, any issues? We are thinking of going to the factory in elkhart ndiana for installation...
I recently emailed Jayco Motorized Customer service to get an estimate for getting Auto leveling system installed on my Redhawk 22J, they replied saying that they do not sell parts and I need to contact a dealer for parts & installation. Did you have any luck from Jayco to get an estimate?
Newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #9

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Jayco only handles warranty work at the factory. We went through the manufacturer - our choice was Equalizer, but there are a lot of others out there.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #10

We had them on our Redhawk for 3+ years and never had an issue. Ours were installed as a factory option.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
Once I start my engine mine go up.
My engine must be running for the jacks to operate. They draw enough power that the engine needs to be running so the alternator can assist.

But with the engine running, I cannot operate slides or awning. I would like my procedure to be to start the engine, bring in the slides/awning, then bring up the jacks. As it is, I have to bring in the slides/awning, then leave the command center to go start the engine, then go back to retract the jacks. I still haven't gotten used that yet and it's coming up on 2-years I've owned it...

It's funny how many different ways there are to install these things.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #12

I had LCI levelers installed on our Redhawk 29xk and they make all the difference in the world. The lockout on ours does not allow shift lever to come out of park, overrides brake release to shift, can start motor but have to retract system to shift into gear. I like that because if for some reason i need to start motor and do not want to retract jacks.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote