Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #1

furnace not working at high altitude

I have a 2019 greyhawk 29mvp. I've been on a few camping trips at high altitudes, anywhere between 3000 and 6000 ft. At that level, the furnace will not stay lit. It will ignite, stay on for 2 to 8 seconds and then go off and begin the recycling process over and over again. However, it will never stay lit for more a few seconds. Does anyone know why this would be happening? It seems to work fine at sea level. Had pretty cold nights in the mountains because of this malfunction.
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #2

It could be the propane regulator. On our Hummingbird the regulator should put out 11-13 inches of water column, it was about 9. Our WH had trouble lighting at anything over 5,000 ft. After adjustment it has worked fine. I do not think I would go back to the dealer to do it. At first the tech just lit the stove and said it was working ok. It took some coaxing to have them check it. When they finally did it was found to be low from the mfg. Once the easy adjustment was made all propane appliances worked better, even the stove that he said was fine. I was also told by the service writer that Jayco does build some units that are "not to be operated above 5,000 ft.". The valley where this dealer is located sits at 4500 ft. Go figure. Anyone camping in the west can expect elevations between 3000 and 13000 ft. Hope you can get this solved quickly. Let us know what you find.
gware is offline   Reply With Quote