Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #1

Greyhawk 29MVP TOWING

I’m picking up a new 29MVP in a couple weeks and have not yet set up a toad vehicle. I’ve got a 2017 Explorer that weighs in at about 4500 pounds which I may set up for 4 down towing. The Greyhawk of course touts a 7500 pound towing limit and my vehicle will have the new Ford Godzilla V8. I live in Colorado. What I’m looking for is anyone with real world experience towing a similar (or heavier) load in the mountains (ie. steep climbs and thin air)

Thanks a bunch.
Ramland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #2

Tow a 4 door Jeep Wrangler with mine. Been up some steep passes in colorado. Goes about 40 towing Jeep. Unhook and rig will get up to 45/50. You definitely know it is there. Still I am not in a race going uphill and our DP still only did 50 so it works. What are you looking for?

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramland View Post
I’m picking up a new 29MVP in a couple weeks and have not yet set up a toad vehicle. I’ve got a 2017 Explorer that weighs in at about 4500 pounds which I may set up for 4 down towing. The Greyhawk of course touts a 7500 pound towing limit and my vehicle will have the new Ford Godzilla V8. I live in Colorado. What I’m looking for is anyone with real world experience towing a similar (or heavier) load in the mountains (ie. steep climbs and thin air)

Thanks a bunch.

I tow a 6 cylinder 2016 Equinox, it weighs in at 4400 lb. I've been out in Colorado and had no problems on any road. I took Trail Ridge Road (Elevation 12,183 ft), and it did fine. Slowed down to about 40-45, but that was the speed limit. We of course have the V10. Gross weight of rig and tow is about 18600 loaded. Happy Trails!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0810.jpg  
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote