Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #1

Greyhawk

We purchased a 2015 Greyhawk October of last year. It was new from the dealer. We questioned a part of the floor that didn't feel right when walking across it. We were told that was where the slide out came in. This was our first motor home purchase so we thought... okay. Well, just shy of a year later the soft spot is about 3 1/2 X 5 foot and very weak. There have not been any leaks in the unit. We have taken it back to the dealer and they are checking with Jayco to see what needs to be done. Obviously they are going to have to figure out where the leak is. We sold our homes and live in this thing to travel with our kids. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did they do for you? I took it to our dealership a week ago and have not heard back from them on the plan.
arkansasfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:08 PM   #2

I have a 2014 Grewhawk and have had similar issues. I had water damage at the back wall on the passenger side as well as near the stove - in the slide area. In addition, I had "soft spots" in all of the floor. I believe the issue was something with the way that they had supports under the floor. I have talked to another Grewhawk owner that had similar floor issue. In both our cases the RV had to be sent back to the factory to get repaired. I had the whole back replaced as well as they added supports under the floor as well as repaired the water damaged areas. They did a good job however I was without my RV for 4 months while it was being repaired. I would push your dealer about the issues and see if they can repair the items or should you send it back to the factory. You want to make a big deal of this prior to the end of your 2 year warranty. Best of luck and let me know if you have further questions.
wmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
greyhawk, jayco, softfloor