Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #1

Greyhawk MV 2019 We made it Questions solutions

Hello again,
Well we make it. Toronto to Florida and back on our first trip with Greyhawk MV 2019. DH says it handled well even in WV 😬(could we not go under mountains?)
After our early issue with our shinny new toy that our dealer (Owasco) fixed ASAP we hit the road on schedule.
Got 9.6 miles to gallon on way down with no water and 6.7 back with no water ( must be dirty clothes )??
-We need to understand more on when to use generator and why ??
-How to travel with water and where to dump the black in winter ( I don't think we want that frozen until spring ) ??
-DD wants to bring bikes so best bike rack for 3 ?? Could we put hitch on front for bikes ??
-Need to learn how to tow our 2017 Equinox ??
Something's need to be upgraded Jayco RVs @jaycorvs
-Lower Privacy curtain does not allow heat into vehicle cab area so bed cab is freezing, noticed other Class Cs had privacy curtain around windows?
-Sofa bed stuffing (where has it gone?) DD weight is 145 by end of trip sitting on sofa bar, would not want to sleep on this !!!
-Insulation ?? W Virginia was no where near as cold as Ontario, furnace cycled on and off every 5 minutes ??
-Door is noisy and drafty ??
Lots to learn, glad I have someplace where I can get my silly newbie questions answered ( there will be many). Can't wait until spring to use it again 😁
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
Hello again,
Well we make it. Toronto to Florida and back on our first trip with Greyhawk MV 2019. DH says it handled well even in WV ��(could we not go under mountains?)
After our early issue with our shinny new toy that our dealer (Owasco) fixed ASAP we hit the road on schedule.
Got 9.6 miles to gallon on way down with no water and 6.7 back with no water ( must be dirty clothes )??
1. We need to understand more on when to use generator and why ??
2. How to travel with water and where to dump the black in winter ( I don't think we want that frozen until spring ) ??
3. DD wants to bring bikes so best bike rack for 3 ?? Could we put hitch on front for bikes ??
4. Need to learn how to tow our 2017 Equinox ??
Something's need to be upgraded Jayco RVs @jaycorvs
5. Lower Privacy curtain does not allow heat into vehicle cab area so bed cab is freezing, noticed other Class Cs had privacy curtain around windows?
6. Sofa bed stuffing (where has it gone?) DD weight is 145 by end of trip sitting on sofa bar, would not want to sleep on this !!!
7. Insulation ?? W Virginia was no where near as cold as Ontario, furnace cycled on and off every 5 minutes ??
8. Door is noisy and drafty ??
Lots to learn, glad I have someplace where I can get my silly newbie questions answered ( there will be many). Can't wait until spring to use it again ��
1. When you want 110V electricity to run your AC, microwave or other large current draw appliances and not be plugged in.

2. Water is heavy. 8 pounds per gallon. If you're under your CCC then you just put water in the tank and drive. We dump the black tank, in the winter, in Cabelas, or in the State Park dump site, or in our storage facility holding tank

3. Look into a rack that attaches to the ladder

7. Yep. AFAIK not much you can do about it.

8. If the only thing that's noisy and drafty is the door, you're lucky.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #3

Quote:
6. Sofa bed stuffing (where has it gone?) DD weight is 145 by end of trip sitting on sofa bar, would not want to sleep on this !!!
I have a 2017 31FS, and the foam in both the sofa bed and dinette was way too soft. I'm 180 pounds and my butt would bottom out on the wood in the dinette. I took all the cushions from both sofa and dinette to our local auto upholstery guy. He upgraded the foam and the spring support to what it should be. It's much better now at a cost of $900.00. The foam that was in mine is ok for kids but not adults.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
-DD wants to bring bikes so best bike rack for 3 ?? Could we put hitch on front for bikes ??

I installed a front hitch.
https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch...leID=201661529

The bikes will likely block some of your headlights.

Attached Thumbnails
rack.jpg  
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote