Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2021, 02:55 PM   #1

Help identify loose wire below 2019 Greyhawk steering column.

I need help identifying a loose wire discovered in the “Bird’s nest” that Jayco gifted us all underneath the driver’s side steering column. I was troubleshooting a fuse problem down there and found my culprit, a wire being chaffed by the E-brake lever. In my efforts to tidy things up, I found this yellow w/purple striped wire connected to nothing. The end was stripped so I’m not sure if if came out of a wire nut or just isn’t used. The only other suspect connection in the vicinity is the mint green wire with a wire nut on the end. I’m wondering if the yellow/purple wire is supposed to be connected to that but I have no idea. Please help if you have any insight.
Attached Thumbnails
095BAAE4-9CD7-47F1-A61B-DF70E31406F3.jpg   E975E00F-C9F3-49EF-B672-52E3D4B37B58.jpg  
rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarbot2 View Post
I need help identifying a loose wire discovered in the “Bird’s nest”...
Can you tell us what model and type 2019 RV you have? Also, knowing what model radio you have might assist us as well.

When I had questions like this I contacted Jayco and requested copies of the schematics and wiring diagrams for my RV. Jayco provided them in less than a day. I have looked at my 2013 / 2014 drawings, but I do not see the wiring colors you mentioned.

You may need the Vin# when you contact Jayco: https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/
Old 09-22-2021, 06:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutmaster253 View Post
Can you tell us what model and type 2019 RV you have? Also, knowing what model radio you have might assist us as well.

When I had questions like this I contacted Jayco and requested copies of the schematics and wiring diagrams for my RV. Jayco provided them in less than a day. I have looked at my 2013 / 2014 drawings, but I do not see the wiring colors you mentioned.

You may need the Vin# when you contact Jayco: https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/
Ours is a 2019 Greyhawk 30x. I didn’t know the schematics had wire colors but thanks for checking. I’ll email Jayco too and see what they can do.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #4

The attached is from my 2018 greyhawk. 12v Ford Chassis diagram. Top right if diagram, 'Ford Dash Harness Connector', seems to match 3 wires under your harness picture. Diagram doesn't have anything in the other 3 wired slots though. Looking at some other diagrams I have (Jayco sent 10 different PDFs of 12V wiring).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12v Chassis ford.pdf (104.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #5

Based on the lock clip in the pic and the diagram, I think those top 3 wires (marked with red dots in attached pic) are dead/not used as shown in diagram - which includes the green wire you are asking about - and the bottom 3 wires (yellow dots in pic) are live. The bottom 3 match the diagram listed colors and the orientation of the clip (dead wires next to clip, live wires on the bottom)
Attached Thumbnails
harness pic.jpg   harness pic2.jpg  
Old 09-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #6

I think you’re on to it. The top 3 (w/ red dots) are indeed cut and taped off from the factory (you can see the ends of them in the second photo). The other mint green with the cap on it might be coming from the 3 in 1 camera switch per that PDF. I’ll have to see if my turn signal is triggering the mirrors cameras. I have a feeling that yellow/purple might be the turn signal trigger that goes to the camera switch. Thanks for your help.