Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

Help with plumbing control panel

Just purchased Jayco MH and have questions on the correct operation of the utility control panel. When I selected dials to “sanitize tank” water was filling the fresh tank not the black tank. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to turn off water going from the site spigot to the coach while I’m sanitizing the black?
Patricia916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:59 PM   #2

Sanitizing fresh on my Grewhawk is adding a little bleach to fresh water system. The black tank spray has its own hose connection mine is beside the fresh water connection and I use a separate garden hose for flushing my black tank. And the black tank dump valve is supposed to be open when using black tank spray
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:50 PM   #3

Yes, my black tank flush has a separate inlet next to the fresh inlet. I use a separate hose. I closed the black tank while it fills with water from the black flush inlet then pull the valve to empty.

I adjusted the dials to sanitize but my question is.... am I supposed to turn the water off in the fresh water hose even though I’m using a separate hose for the black flush?

Sounds odd but somehow this process put water in to the fresh holding tank.
Patricia916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:31 PM   #4

The Sanitize Tank setting allows you to use a suction hose to draw in a sanitizing solution (bleach water) using the onboard pump through the panel inlet connection and send it into your freshwater tank to sanitize the tank. Absolutely no connection to your black tank.
When new, your unit likely came with a short section of reinforced hose with a male garden hose connector on one end. It is easily duplicated with hose and a fitting available at Home Depot or Lowes if yours is missing.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:33 AM   #5

I have never had two hoses hooked up at once fresh and flush, mine has a vacuum valve under the sink in the bathroom for the black tank flush line I will have to look at mine. But looking at mine there is not cross connection my black tank flush line is separate with only a vacuum breaker in the line, if you can put water in your fresh tank with only the black tank flush hooked up I believe you have a plumbing connection error. I can not put water in my fresh tank thru the flush line, I can run two hoses the lines are separate. The black tank spray will run and not fill my fresh sewer gas and other bad things in that hose would not want my fresh filling from it.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote