Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #1

In dash radio not working

2020 Jayco Redhawk SE 22C. Just after purchasing my unit brand new, I found the in dash radio doesn't work with the coach battery. It works fine with the ignition running, but no luck with the house battery. I checked the 7.5 amp fuse on the solenoid under the step and it checks out fine. Then I checked the voltage output, and it is at 13vdc. I also found it doesn't matter if the house power is on or not, I still get the 13vdc. Not sure if this is right or not as the feed wire to the fuse is coming from the left side solenoid post. Is there another fuse downstream going to the radio?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The service department at the dealer I bought it from has not been very steller and I would like to take care of this one if I can.
MattTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:21 AM   #2

Hi Matt, same here. Did you ever resolve? Thanks
jennso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #3

I own a different brand of motorhome. Mine has a dash switch. This is a two position switch. It has two hot wires, one from the chassis battery and one from the coach. So if we are parked with the cab switch off I can switch to coach and vice versa.
houstonstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #4

Lucky......
Old 03-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #5

"Jayco wired the dash head unit to be powered by dual sources with an isolation module made up of two diodes. The intent was to supply power from either the chassis or house battery circuit and use the diodes to prevent back-feeding the house side with the chassis, and vis a vis."

The above is a reply I received from another member after I had to have my soundtream radio replaced at Best Buy and had the same experience you are having.

Best Buy (BB) decided to bypass the Jayco isolation module - and that is why I had symptoms you are facing. I ended up having to take it back to Best Buy two more times before they figured it out.
Hope this helps.
jellyjamblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:01 AM   #6

Thank you, original equipment but have found a wire under the hood left side fire wall removed and taped. Looks like it was on a ground beside a solenoid or relay. Need some outside help before I try and figure why its off. Who knows what you could fry......
Old 03-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennso View Post
Thank you, original equipment but have found a wire under the hood left side fire wall removed and taped. Looks like it was on a ground beside a solenoid or relay. Need some outside help before I try and figure why its off. Who knows what you could fry......
If you ask Jayco (motorizedservice@jayco.com), they will send you the schematic that will show you what that wire goes to. If it hasn't worked correctly since new, the dealer should troubleshoot/fix for you. Sounds like it could be the diode harness to me, too.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #8

I have the same issue with my new 2021 redhawk 22c se (Chevy), so did you learn anything, or find the issue? I.e. Radio not working on house battery.
whowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:09 AM   #9

sorry, no. Mine I think is under hood wiring previous owner may have disconnected.