Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #1

interior speakers

my motorhome has about 6 externaly mounted speakers inside the MH. they also have normal speaker wires with no ends that run to the cabinet for the tv. how do I hook all these wires up to a tv?
is there some type of receiver for motorhomes. my house system has a receiver/switcher that everything goes to then HDMI cable to the TV. but its about the size of my tv in the motorhome. kind of overkill and limited in space. what does others use. I bought this 04 greyhawk 31SS a few weeks ago and still trying to figure it out. spent several hours on the internet with no luck.

thanks
louiswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiswp View Post
my motorhome has about 6 externaly mounted speakers inside the MH. they also have normal speaker wires with no ends that run to the cabinet for the tv. how do I hook all these wires up to a tv?
is there some type of receiver for motorhomes. my house system has a receiver/switcher that everything goes to then HDMI cable to the TV. but its about the size of my tv in the motorhome. kind of overkill and limited in space. what does others use. I bought this 04 greyhawk 31SS a few weeks ago and still trying to figure it out. spent several hours on the internet with no luck.

thanks
I have a 2017 29MV and the internal speakers as well as the outside speakers via a switch are hooked to the Jensen unit in the dash. You have to select the AV2 output option from the Jensen unit and the sound of the TV in the front will play over those coach speakers.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

I have a basic radio, my tv is in the middle of the motorhome. all the wire ends come through a hole into where you can put a dvd player etc.
I will look for a switch but the inside speakers look like they are just for a tv system. but even with a switch. all these ends must plug into something then go to a tv
Old 10-07-2017, 05:37 AM   #4
Cj2

I am having the same issue. I just bought a 2005 Jayco granite ridge 31ss. The entertainment center is in the top bunk. None of the speaker wires are hooked up and I don’t see any place where they plug into. I was wandering if I have to get a receiver. Please let me know if you get any answers on this situation or figure it out on your own. Thanks in advance.
Cj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #5

no luck, looks like we are the only 2 that have speakers. even the dealer was of no help.
they have to go to a receiver/amplifier. I know that much, but a house size receiver is way to big
Old 10-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #6
Cj2

Ok thanks.
Cj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #7

Did anyone ever figure this out? I have the same problem in my '07 31SS. Even more so. All the wires just cut. Big mess. Would like to know what was originally in that space, and duplicate it if possible.
Insane938 is offline   Reply With Quote