Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #1

Inverter ocasionaly trips out

have a 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS and every now and again when I get to my site and set up I plug in the power cord and then turn on the breaker no problem but every now and again the reset on the xantrex rs400 will trip and I have to reset it am I doing something wrong or is it undersized not very knowledgeable with this thanks Don
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #2

I have that same inverter in my '08 35GS but don't turn it on unless I don't have shore power, so I guess that's why it doesn't do the same thing?
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #3

inverter tripping out

I am sorry should have clarified there are two sources that run off the inverter everything else is fine one is the entertainment center and the other is one outlet those are the ones I loose occasionally so if I shut off the inverter those two don't work thanks Don
Old 08-12-2016, 07:13 AM   #4

I would check all wiring connections at the inverter especially the ground, (at both the inverter and the other end of the incoming connections from the battery).
Old 08-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #5

sorry i missed this

I am such a dummy I forgot that there is also a remote switch which I never mess with so how do I put the system in the off position I believe the unit switch is in the down position which is the circle and where should the remote switch be because I never use any of the circuits for battery power
Old 08-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpey View Post
I am such a dummy I forgot that there is also a remote switch which I never mess with so how do I put the system in the off position I believe the unit switch is in the down position which is the circle and where should the remote switch be because I never use any of the circuits for battery power
You are correct. With the remote switch position down (off) it still allows shore power to pass through the inverter to the outlets it serves.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:21 AM   #7

I've got the same problem Only Happens some times when first plugging in or starting the generator I feel it has to do with the transfer switch that was changed due to the recall on it
moonraker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #8

There's a recall on our transfer switch?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
There's a recall on our transfer switch?
Summary: Jayco is recalling certain model year 2007 Greyhawk Class C motorhomes; model year 2008 and 2010 Seneca Class C motorhomes; model year 2009 and 2011 Eagle Fifth-wheel; 2010 Recon fifth-wheel; and model year 2008-2010 Designer fifth wheel vehicles manufactured from June 15, 2006, through August 13, 2010 for an improper electrical connection at the buss bar on the Iota-brand transfer switches installed in the vehicles.
Hazard: An improper electrical connection at the buss bar could lead to overheating and melting of the transfer switch, increasing the risk of a fire, injury or death.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Summary: Jayco is recalling certain model year 2007 Greyhawk Class C motorhomes; model year 2008 and 2010 Seneca Class C motorhomes; model year 2009 and 2011 Eagle Fifth-wheel; 2010 Recon fifth-wheel; and model year 2008-2010 Designer fifth wheel vehicles manufactured from June 15, 2006, through August 13, 2010 for an improper electrical connection at the buss bar on the Iota-brand transfer switches installed in the vehicles.
Hazard: An improper electrical connection at the buss bar could lead to overheating and melting of the transfer switch, increasing the risk of a fire, injury or death.
If you remove a bottom wardrobe drawer or the vented panel you can clearly see the transfer switch behind the wall where the 120V and 12V panels are located in the bedroom.
Mine was replaced before I got it earlier this year. The 120V and 12V panels are original Iota but the transfer switch is a Esco LPT50BRD; https://www.amazon.com/Esco-LPT50BRD.../dp/B008VF91ME
If you do have the original Iota transfer switch any Jayco dealer should replace it for free under the recall.