Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2021, 07:02 AM   #1

Kenwood DMX907 Navigation Apple Car Play

Replaced the Soundstream with this Kenwood. It has wireless and wired car play. Works great with one issue. While using car play, regardless of map app, (Google, Apple, or Waze) navigation works well until you turn on the turn signal, the map temporarily gets lost and gives wrong directions. The turn signal camera gets displayed. The nav map thinks you have reversed directions. Once signal is turned off, navigation returns to normal and correct directions. We have installed latest Kenwood firmware, problem still exists.

Ideas and comments appreciated.
30Z1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:20 AM   #2
CAG

Mine does the same thin in CarPlay but does not when not using car play but using any map. I have no called Kenwood yet but that is the next move. If you do that let me know your results and I will do the same.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:33 AM   #3

Apple car play

Navigation works perfectly when not in car play. iPhone stand alone.
30Z1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:34 AM   #4

Kenwood Follow Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Z1950 View Post
Replaced the Soundstream with this Kenwood. It has wireless and wired car play. Works great with one issue. While using car play, regardless of map app, (Google, Apple, or Waze) navigation works well until you turn on the turn signal, the map temporarily gets lost and gives wrong directions. The turn signal camera gets displayed. The nav map thinks you have reversed directions. Once signal is turned off, navigation returns to normal and correct directions. We have installed latest Kenwood firmware, problem still exists.

Ideas and comments appreciated.
Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having identical issue.
KKVDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:45 AM   #5
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKVDFW View Post
Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having identical issue.
Yes. I stopped using Apple Car Play to navigate. The camera switch kicks on because the Jayco system is set up to do that. You can’t over ride it without taking the side camers out of the connection.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Yes. I stopped using Apple Car Play to navigate. The camera switch kicks on because the Jayco system is set up to do that. You can’t over ride it without taking the side camers out of the connection.
Thanks. I’m scheduled to take the bus in today having hoped they missed a wiring step and could address it. How far did you investigate before bailing on Car Play GPS and using the native Kenwood? Does your audio cut out when you use turn signals as mine does!
KKVDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #7
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKVDFW View Post
Thanks. I’m scheduled to take the bus in today having hoped they missed a wiring step and could address it. How far did you investigate before bailing on Car Play GPS and using the native Kenwood? Does your audio cut out when you use turn signals as mine does!
It will if you are using CarPlay because it wants to go back to camera inputs. I have Apple CarPlay on three vehicles and don’t use it because it confuse the vehicle’s system. If I want to use Waze I use the phone without Apple play and Kenwood/Garmin on the vehicle. I got Kenwood for the Garmin anyway. Better system. I have always used Garmin.

Old 03-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #8
CAG

It was not worth the effort to track it down.