Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #1

Leveling class C using auto and manual mode.

Trying to get the hang of the LCI leveling system but having some issues.

My driveway slopes down to the street so the rear of the mh is a few inches higher.
I installed snap pads today and figured I would get some practice using the leveling system. The pads are awesome and installed easy.

I have given up on the auto level in my driveway. It's just not possible due to the slope. The front tires lift off the ground and it makes me nervous. LOL But most times the system fails.

I bought a set of drive on levelers by Camco which raises the front wheels about 3+ " but I still can't get the front to level out with the rear. Any suggestions? Should I buy a set of concrete pads/stepping stones or cut pieces of wood to put under the levelers? Is it ok for the front wheels to be off the ground if rear duallys are chocked? Should I be placing leveling pads under the jacks or will that not help?
I use to level my Jayco TT in a matter of minutes with the front tongue jack yet I can't figure this out!
I am obviously doing something wrong.
Not sure I am using the manual controls the right way but read the manual section in the owner's manual a couple x's.
My error at first was leveling Side to side first and not front to rear. The coach levels Side to side easily however once i am level side to side my coach door wont close so I retract a little and come out of level for it to close. I was outside all day messing with things getting ready for the winter hibernation. Brain is fried and will try again tom.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_164301_HDR.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	45473
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #2

We have the same issue leveling in our driveway. Like you said just use the manual mode and get it close as you can without bringing the front wheels off the ground. Manual mode is your friend.

When looking at the triangle touch pad on the controller note the red flashing lights...push on that button to level until red moves to green in the center. Repeat for the side that is flashing red...push that button until light moves to green in center.

Another way you can go is to lift the front wheels off the driveway up past level and put some leveling blocks under the front tires then lower the front back down to level. This should give support to your tires.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #3

Thanks that helps. Luckiky I don't leave the mh in the driveway. But the kids want to camp in it before I cover it up and was trying to get it somewhat levelled out.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #4

I don't always appreciate the auto level feature either. If on very unlevel ground the system tends to apply too much lift to the high side before apply lift to the low side. I have seen it lift the front wheels many times and even the rear on a few occassions. When the ground is significantly sloped, I tend to use my old travel trailer practice. I put the high side jacks down until they are barely touching, then apply the low side to level. This still takes weight off of the highside tires, just not as much. If I need extra lift, I carry 2x10's for tires and jacks. Kind if a pain, but has worked for 2 years.

I also tend to keep my drivers side just a hair low so that rain water runs off of the slides (both on drivers side) since I don't have toppers.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #5

One thing you should do time to time is reset the zero point of the auto-levelers. I have noticed when you try to auto level on slopes and use blocks, etc. the zero point needs to be recalibrated from time to time.
ltcboyd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #6

I carry some 2 inch 6x6 blocks for the levelers that way the levelers will not get fully extended and I never keep my wheels off the ground. If the wheels come off the ground I just go to manual mode and set them back down as best we can.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Manual mode is your friend.
X2. I've had auto mode get carried away more than once (with both of my MHs with levelers) so don't trust it even a little bit.