Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #21

Please don't let my comment give an opinion that I don't appreciate the automatic leveling of our leveling jacks. However, as we transitioned from TT to Motorhome, things like the Lego Leveling Blocks were thought to be not needed. I passed them on to my son or son in law to use with their rigs.
Daughter and Son In law got out of camping and were getting ready to sell many extra items, including the extra set of Lego Leveling Blocks. I was asked if I wanted them back. Yes, we took them and they are great for all kinds of little jobs. From a base plate under a bottle jack to a base for the extended stay propane tank, they have been used. They are light, take up little space and provide that extra piece you sometimes need. If you got the room, keep them. The old song lyric "you don't know what you got til its gone " applies here. Great little extra tool.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #22

it's the same thing with a 2x4. They are really 1 1/2 x 3 inches. lol
Elgin, SC
Bo Nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollander Mutthaulers View Post
Anderson levelers look great, but we still use our 2X6X17s with 45 degree cuts on ends. Just spent $3.60 at Home Depot for a board to make 4 more of them. They usually stack well and can go up several inches on a side. We also use 6X6X1/4 plywood bases for stabilizer feet and one of a couple short pieces of 4X4 prn for the jack stand. Several 2X6X6 blocks also come in handy. The pieces we use regularly have a rope loop attached to to the side with a staple to grab with a hook when time to pick up. The stacked 2X6s do tend to slip at times. I'm experimenting with pegs or non-skid like expanded aluminum b/t them...
Love to play with our little rig. lol
They do work great. On the other hand, how much does all that wood weigh?
Johnnymailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #24

So what is the best place to set you level of you RV? If I set me level on the floor its different form the dining table.
What would be the "right" place to go by and set the RV straight?
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
So what is the best place to set you level of you RV? If I set me level on the floor its different form the dining table.
Well.... depends what part you are trying to get level.... If you are trying to level the dining table so your beer doesn't roll off, set it there.

For MANY folks, it seems they are trying to level the fridge, or maybe bed.

Since I am trying to level the fridge, personally, I level on the floor near the fridge, and the counter on top of the fridge. Neither of those places match each other one bit.... so I am dubious about the effect and accuracy, but it is what it is. Once my T level shows everything in the squares on the floor by the fridge, I call it good. Bonus is I can see it by peeking in the door .....

Bear in mind I am a newb and have only done this about 8 times.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
For most, it's the fridge you want to get level (or close to). So park on as level spot as you can, put a level in/on the bottom of the fridge. Take a picture of the level's (sideways and front to back). Go out side and mount/stick RV bubble/ball levels on front/side of unit (body or tongue(bubble) frame??) At the same level as the photos. The bed is more for so your partner doesn't keep rolling down hill on you lol, or you don't wakeup with a slight headache from your head facing down hill.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #27

Our rig is 16x7 on the outside, smaller inside. An easy-to-read, accurate torpedo level just inside the door allows for very accurate leveling. The floor is consistently even throughout including the refrig which is about three feet from the door.

Our wood weighs less than a couple gallons of water and stacks neatly in a small section of the basement. Much as I'd love milk crates for storage, the only place that would accommodate such a container is the shower floor. Cousin with the big 5th wheel calls our trailer "cozy". Yup! We love it! : )
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:11 AM   #28

It's amazing how the tub/shower becomes the laundry hamper or bulky storage spot lol