Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2021, 06:57 AM   #1

Lippert Leveling System

Last time I went to the RV in storage I heard a few beeps when I cranked up the engine. Thought it was the propane/CO2 sensor. Went up last weekend to take her out, and the battery was dead. Took a charge and headed out. When I arrived down in St. Augustine, I found the real source of the beeping...the leveling system. Went to level and got the Error message - retract timeout - return leveler for service. I had a helluva time leveling last November on a trip, and I thought the location was fairly level, so I figured I must’ve screwed something up. Researched a bit, as the manual never explains everything, and came to find out that loss of power or even serious drop in power may result in wonky readings. Taking her back to storage today, and will try the recommended fix of hitting enter and retract at the same time. Will share if that works.

If it does, I think a recalibration is likely the next thing to do.

Also found out that there is a myLCI app from Lippert that looks to be a handy reference guide. Haven’t had the chance to dig into that yet.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #2

Having issues in my 27U also. Month or so ago were a little wonky but able to get them to work. Mine are up and the system thinks they are down and nothing will work now. If try to tell it to raise them - it times out and says need service. That is another issue as in our area the dealers are at least 6 weeks out on even taking it in to get it looked at. Have an appointment with RV repair shop in week or so. Will post my outcome.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:41 AM   #3

Just got back from service place. Turns out my pump motor is dead. Process - made sure there was voltage across 80 amp breaker next to battery in step compartment. Then made sure voltage to the solenoid. Then ask the system to do something such as raise or lower the jacks and make sure voltage to the motor at that point. Motor should engage and do its thing. There is a reversing valve to tell it whether to raise or lower. ——- Service guy thinks that attachment points on the motor for the power and ground were loose and would at times get low voltage and eventually burn out the motor. Speculation- but sounds plausible. Ordered new motor - fortunately in warranty as the motor is $1200. Have to pay for labor. Will see how long it takes.