Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2022, 06:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post
No problem. Glad to help. Show us pictures of how you mount it. I know the hole pattern doesn't quite match up with the filler neck frame. I'm curious on how it will mount. This is why I've been hesitant on pulling the trigger on it. I don't want to drill holes on the side of my rig. Maybe I can drill new holes on the door frame to match the existing pattern.
I was not aware of that....I guess what I will do is use the center holes (if they at least line up) and then use smaller screws to just screw into the black ring of the existing fuel bezel. Otherwise, I'll still keep the bezel in place (have to, to hold the filler neck in place), and drill small screws to hold this door onto the existing bezel. A good bead of silicone should keep it all sealed up. Just concerned on how the white cover will look over the black existing bezel.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:03 AM   #22

Got the cover in yesterday's mail. Indeed, it will not use the same 8 screw holes as the factory black filler neck bezel. The cover is good quality, and the white color looks clean against the RV's wall.

To make this cover a flush fit (against the camper wall), I'll need to carefully cut the OEM black plastic's outer ring off. To do this, I need to crawl underneath and see if this will cause any issues with the filler neck, as I think this OEM black piece bezel's function is to hold the gas filler neck in place.

Option two would be to grind the four corners round of the new locking cover to match the rounded OEM black bezel, then mount it against the OEM bezel. Then a nice bead of white silicone to cover the black bezel's sides.

I'll post what I did when I complete the install.

2007 Ford F150
Old 04-20-2022, 12:28 PM   #23

I may! Pretty sure i still have one! Ford

Ford had their own locking gas caps! And that is a Ford full line neck! Same as others! That is the type that screw in and clicks right!? Send a message to me tonight!!! I believe i still have a new one! (Ford). And if i do in my tool chest! You pay shipping its yours! Post a picture of yours so i know for sure
Garyhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:30 PM   #24

I got the Stant locking cap which I only use while the unit is in the RV storage lot. When we pull out, I put the OEM cap back on.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:03 PM   #25

Check this out at Amazon.com
Stant Regular Locking Fuel Cap,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C7YQ2Y...p_mob_ap_share.

I know the feeling especially with the prices.

I've bought this one via Amazon. As others said, it's a Ford Chassis. 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK is mine.

Carl-
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:28 PM   #26

Bought a locking Stant for my Tahoe. Have not used it yet. Would not be surprised at a fault message when I do. Have always felt a little uneasy about unguarded gas tank, not so much for theft as vandalism. Same reason I put a locking door on my trailer fresh water tank. Don't want some blankety-blank dumping anything in either tanks.

As alternative, thinking about making some kind of cable pull or locking device on Tahoe gas fill door.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:11 AM   #27

Only reason I'm putting on the locking cover (verses the gas cap) is that I'm not a fan of the ugly black plastic gas neck holder/bezel that is on my camper now. The white locking cover relates to the other doors used for storage. I will have to fab an "L" bracket to hold the filler neck in place, as the black bezel used now also holds the neck in place. The cover will sit flush against the body for a clean look.

As to locking caps or doors for gas protection, if a thief wants your gas (especially those in storage lots) bad enough, they simply drill into your gas tank, and drain it into a container. Darn near impossible to syphon from the fill neck these days.

2007 Ford F150
Old 04-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #28

I bought one that works on advanced auto parts online
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:23 PM   #29

On my 2024 Ford E450, I used the Stant 10510 and I got the “Check Filler Cap” warning then ultimately the check engine light came on. Had to go back to the original gas cap. May have to go to a locking filler door as others suggested. Apparently there is not a locking replacement at the moment.
emfriis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:39 AM   #30

Hi Emfriis. Check the dates of the posts. You are responding to a post made two years ago.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:32 AM   #31

This is the one I use. Only problem, there is no retaining lanyard attached to it. I already left one on top of a gas pump. Keep the original with you, just in case.
The original post is over 2 years old. Might still be looking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote