Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #1

Looking to order question

Hello everyone. We are really interested in the new 2020 Grayhawk 29 MVP. My question to the group is if your local dealer did not have the exterior color you wanted and you ordered your unit, how long was the deliver time, and can you still expect to get the MSRP discounts? Side note. We have spent hours on here researching and have been very impressed. Lots of people with great suggestions and insight. Thank you in advance for any replies

Gary and Jo
GJRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #2

Delivery time all depends on when the order gets sent in. If it gets there right as they end a production run you may wait a while and if it gets there as they are getting ready to start a run you could have it in a couple weeks. The dealer should be able to give you that info pretty quick. As to the discount, I always's ordered and always got a hearty discount off of MSRP, but I always use the same dealer too.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #3

One of the things we thought we were getting was a cold weather package because they advertised that the fiver was good to 0 F for eight hours. Then when my FW pipe inside froze at 28 F they said you didn't get the four seasons package. So, when ordering your rig make sure you get the four seasons package. Even if you never use it, it will keep the rig easier to control the temp
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #4

Depends on the dealer. If your local dealer is part of a larger organization they may have the what you want and can ship it for a minimal charge. Some dealers with other locations can divert an RV order from one location to another. The dealer we are purchasing from has multiple locations east of the Mississippi and they were will to divert a coach ordered for Florida to Virginia. We decided to go with a different model that they happened to have on their local lot in the colors we wanted.

I will say that no matter what I would never buy from Camping World.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #5

we have a 2018 29mv. its been a lot of fun. we use it almost every weekend from april to december. we live in colorado and it works good in cold weather. i thing your are making a good choice.
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #6

We ordered the exact rig you are looking at from rv one and got it in 8 weeks. No change in discount at all. They beat everyone by a lot. We are in Houston and picked up in Iowa. Went on ten week trip right after pickup and could not be happier. We ordered because we wanted second ac, aluminum wheels, small frig not bigger unit which takes away pantry, and theater seating. Also ordered light color paint which we could not find on lots. Paint looks way better than promo picture.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob View Post
We ordered the exact rig you are looking at from rv one and got it in 8 weeks. No change in discount at all. They beat everyone by a lot. We are in Houston and picked up in Iowa. Went on ten week trip right after pickup and could not be happier. We ordered because we wanted second ac, aluminum wheels, small frig not bigger unit which takes away pantry, and theater seating. Also ordered light color paint which we could not find on lots. Paint looks way better than promo picture.

Enjoy the journey
I am looking at this right now. When working with RV One, for the order, were you able to get any discount off the quote inquiry response?
MichaelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
I am looking at this right now. When working with RV One, for the order, were you able to get any discount off the quote inquiry response?
You have to talk to a salesman. The one we had was in New York dealership. He set up for pick up in Iowa but if I remember correctly they have four locations to choose from. They are the number one Jayco dealer in the country. Discount was right at 37% off msrp. He was great to work with. Unit was an Entegra because wife liked their colors best and liked the stainless steel appliances.
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote