Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2018, 03:28 PM   #1

Main Power Switch

2017 26xd, Today I went out to exercise gen. turned main power switch on and started gen and waited til microwave kicked in and then run a cermic heater for about 2hrs. turned off heater 7 let gen run about 5 min and shut it off. reached down to turn main power switch off and will not turn off. lite and power stays on. finally figured out how to get to the screws holding it. I am guessing switch must have broke and needs to be replaced. rv still under warranty and I couldnt find any Jayco phone numer in my paper work. Got the serial # tho. any ideas on the problem and any one have a phone # for Jayco. Thanks
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

Worst case there's a website to locate the closest dealer:

https://www.jayco.com/tools/dealer-locator/
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #3

All repairs start at the dealer, If you call Jayco they will just tell you to take it in for service. If it was me and its just a switch I would buy a new one and replace it saving the trip to the dealer and waiting weeks
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #4

Buy 2, so you have a spare.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #5

Found that a camping world in Concord,Nc about 30 mile from me started selling Jaycos.
Called there and spoke with a Christine and by end of day she e-mailed me a picture of part and has it ordered. Cost to me $6.00. Cheaperthan me driving MH 60 mile trip to get it done on warranty. Heres at least one employee at that CW that gives good customer service.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:50 AM   #6

I hope that fixes you problem. I assume by Main Power Switch, you mean the battery disconnect switch. Our battery disconnect switch stopped working out of the blue one day and it turned out to be the solenoid, not the wall switch. I replaced the wall switch first since it was a $4 part, but unfortunately, that didn't fix it. The coach was still under warranty and I let the dealer replace it.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #7

Thanks Michael.g, I had not thought about the selonoid. At least its on and we are leaving next Sat for two weeks to Maryland so will have time to deal with it when get back.