Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #21

The Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
For those of you that pre-level your rig with blocks before deploying your auto-levelers, let me ask you a question

I’m trying to figure out exactly how many bags of legos (Lynx or Camco take your pick) are really needed. It was much easier to figure out when you had 3 points to level (trailer) vs. 4 points (motorhome).

So - 1 bag of legos gives you a 4” rise max. If the coach is uniformly nose down, you could use 2 bags of legos to bring the nose up.

So we’re at 2 bags. However, if you use one bag under each front wheel, you may now need to add some under the front jacks to accomodate the 4” of height you just added to the equation. 4”, 8 more legos. 3 bags for the front.

Now, if you’re off side to side, you ‘could’ need one bag for the front tire, and 2 bags for the back dualies. Plus an additional bag for the levelers. 4 bags.

If its a compound correction, meaning you’re going down front to back AND side to side, I actually think that’s the easiest to solve. Raise the lowest tire and call it a day. 2 bags if its one of the back corners, another bag for that rear jack (with some to spare). So 3 bags still.

And we didn’t even account for the minimum 1 lego for a jack to land on to give some support. *full disclosure I put 1 hosspad minimum under each leveling jack to give a good solid base*

That’s a lot of legos ! Anybody else as OCD about this as I am?

Helpful tip of the day - Camco makes a nice double sized lego - works great for rear dualies on a Class ‘C’. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Levelin...42&sr=8-6&th=1
If you have levelers why do you need blocks. 2020 Nexus 32T. We just added 4 levelers and don’t use anything.
The Doghoues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #22

Because I’ve been so out of level w/ some places we go that I’ll have a tire or two floating in the air. I’d rather put some weight on the suspension AND the levelers.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:35 AM   #23

Going to the races we are always in some odd location, nothing is ever level in a corn field so we pre-level the rig then use the leveling jacks for the stabilizers, I use 2x10 blocks i carry 8-10 of them along with a couple of chunks of 4x4 they work great for ramps and lever pads and i don't feel so bad f i loose one.
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:30 PM   #24

The Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berjr View Post
Going to the races we are always in some odd location, nothing is ever level in a corn field so we pre-level the rig then use the leveling jacks for the stabilizers, I use 2x10 blocks i carry 8-10 of them along with a couple of chunks of 4x4 they work great for ramps and lever pads and i don't feel so bad f i loose one.
I never thought of doing what you do. We show Chi Chi’s for a hobby.we never go to a amp ground. Good idea tho.
The Doghoues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
... and an outdoor projector, but you will need to supply your own big screen, like a white sheet hanging down from the awning...
oh yea... this reminds me of another camper who tried to hang a sheet outside of their motor-home for shade in one of those "Premium RV Parks" as they have a VERY STRICT RULE prohibiting any outdoor clothes drying... we would get kicked out in a matter of minutes - without any refund!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berjr View Post
Yep... and when they do finally split and fall apart - they make great firewood later that night.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #27
CAG

I did not read through this entire thread and this comment/question is rhetorical considering the entire question.

Why have levelers if you have to level the rig before deploying the levelers?

I have them too this just seems asinine when you think about it.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:57 PM   #28
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I did not read through this entire thread and this comment/question is rhetorical considering the entire question.

Why have levelers if you have to level the rig before deploying the levelers?

I have them too this just seems asinine when you think about it.
If you had read the thread, you would have seen the reason was to keep the front wheels from being lifted off of the ground by the levelers. Some here are concerned with that.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:27 PM   #29
CAG

Sorry dude you missed my point entirely. It had nothing to do with the rest of the thread. Obviously you missed the word rhetorical.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote